Old 07-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #61
Hirohito
The last true Emperor
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJer
I exercise WHILE I play FF. No joke. Needing to work out is NO EXCUSE!

I give people warnings and bannings for playing TF2 instead of FF on my forums. Also, whenever anyone mentions any TF game I tell them to go play FF. I think I'm helping the cause... although I agree that it's a barely vital cause with one foot in the grave.
hmmmm gee i wonder why people hate fortress forever????? yeah its the game play, not the whiny manchildren that form the community
Hirohito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2008, 08:36 PM   #62
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Super serious.

Old 07-20-2008, 02:36 AM   #63
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
actually

Thuper Cereal
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #64
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
what happened to my post?
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 05:45 AM   #65
WetWired

I've noticed, on several occasions, the pompous attitudes of some of the "higher-up's" in the community. I'm relatively new here, and don't know many people, but I did purchase a server, and I think I'm hosting the largest collection of FF files on the net (could be wrong, but it's the largest I've seen), and I'm almost to the point of wishing I hadn't. A lot of the people I've played with, or talked to on here, have been complete and total pricks. I won't name names, but I'd like to think I've made some friends already too. KubeDawg, PartialSchism and gr. ricey are all pretty nice guys. I think this mod would have a lot more luck in growing if we had more people like them, and less complaining pricks.
WetWired is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 06:42 AM   #66
TACO-BELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetWired
I've noticed, on several occasions, the pompous attitudes of some of the "higher-up's" in the community. I'm relatively new here, and don't know many people, but I did purchase a server, and I think I'm hosting the largest collection of FF files on the net (could be wrong, but it's the largest I've seen), and I'm almost to the point of wishing I hadn't. A lot of the people I've played with, or talked to on here, have been complete and total pricks. I won't name names, but I'd like to think I've made some friends already too. KubeDawg, PartialSchism and gr. ricey are all pretty nice guys. I think this mod would have a lot more luck in growing if we had more people like them, and less complaining pricks.
+1

Thank you, totally agree with you on this. Somehow the rotten apples rose to the top in the FF world and totally took the game in the wrong direction, mostly by trying to get everyone into some sort of pompous elitest pickup / clan community and crapping on the entire pub community that made up 90% of the playerbase- who consequently all stopped playing the mod. All the wrong people got listened to, and the game went right down the drain very quickly after 2.0.

Only reason I lurk these forums occasionally now is to check if anyone reasonable with some TF knowledge is going to take up development and make this mod fun again. Even if that happens, they will have a lot of work to do to undo the brutal reputation that a lot of ex-players have spread about FF into other gaming communities after experiences exactly like what you described.
TACO-BELL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 AM   #67
Green Mushy
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via AIM to Green Mushy
tool
right people rise to the right power because they are articulate and see more to a game then fucking dming
Green Mushy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 07:25 AM   #68
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mushy
tool
right people rise to the right power because they are articulate and see more to a game then fucking dming
See that's the type of response I'd expect from the type of person WetWired described. I've got a few people I have issues with, but nothing I can't deal with. WetWired, it's best to just ignore the mindless bullshit drama, or laugh at it if you cannot avoid it. Some people will always be pricks, and that's in any part of life, not just in FF..
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #69
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
... What in the absolute world is going on in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO-BELL
Somehow the rotten apples rose to the top in the FF world and totally took the game in the wrong direction, mostly by trying to get everyone into some sort of pompous elitest pickup / clan community and crapping on the entire pub community that made up 90% of the playerbase- who consequently all stopped playing the mod. All the wrong people got listened to, and the game went right down the drain very quickly after 2.0.
TACO, are you saying the game is going in the wrong direction in 2.1 or it already did in 2.0? If you think it happened with 2.0, then you don't really know what you're talking about... if by "all the wrong people got listened to", you mean the entire original dev team, then, yeah... I guess they shouldn't have been listened to. I mean, what could they know about a game they created?

If by, "mostly by trying to get everyone into some sort of pompous elitest pickup / clan community" you mean #ff.pickup, then you are 103% wrong. #FF.Pickup was started by me, /KBN/, and fx. in early January, 2008 (before I was even on the beta team). I was invited to the dev team late February, 2008. It never received support by any dev members (and it still doesn't). It's a completely independent and niche channel.

And, WetWired, I don't know who you're talking about (or why they are labeled as "higher ups"), but hopefully you'll find a group of people that will keep you enjoying the game. Your support is appreciated, you just need to seek out the people that appreciate it.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #70
s0undch4s3r
The guy you love to hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetWired
Yea...some peeps can be total pricks on occasion.

FF needs a lot of work. Great game IMO and I would play it more if more people would play it. I think the speed of the characters is what turns most noobs off from playing FF. It's too fast for some. I like the speed personally. I think the Heavy in FF is faster than the Scout in TF2... That's just too fast for some folks.
s0undch4s3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #71
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Affiliations: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO-BELL
+1

Thank you, totally agree with you on this. Somehow the rotten apples rose to the top in the FF world and totally took the game in the wrong direction, mostly by trying to get everyone into some sort of pompous elitest pickup / clan community and crapping on the entire pub community that made up 90% of the playerbase- who consequently all stopped playing the mod. All the wrong people got listened to, and the game went right down the drain very quickly after 2.0.

Only reason I lurk these forums occasionally now is to check if anyone reasonable with some TF knowledge is going to take up development and make this mod fun again. Even if that happens, they will have a lot of work to do to undo the brutal reputation that a lot of ex-players have spread about FF into other gaming communities after experiences exactly like what you described.
2.0 was compltley un-elitst and was very pub-friendly
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #72
v3rtigo
Lock 'n Loll!

Class/Position: Scout, Spy, Sniper
Gametype: CTF
The game doesn't neccesarily set the mood whether it's for clans or not, the community does. As long as there are plenty of players, there will be plenty of servers and therefore plenty of pubs and clanservers.

As long as the player base doesn't grow, there will be more clanners than newbies and/or pubbers. In short, FF is currently a game almost entirely for elititists and clanners and as long as that doesn't change, a lot of people will refrain from trying or sticking to it. It is also one of the reasons why TF2 is so popular.

That's how I see it, anyway
v3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #73
Hirohito
The last true Emperor
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rtigo
The game doesn't neccesarily set the mood whether it's for clans or not, the community does. As long as there are plenty of players, there will be plenty of servers and therefore plenty of pubs and clanservers.

As long as the player base doesn't grow, there will be more clanners than newbies and/or pubbers. In short, FF is currently a game almost entirely for elititists and clanners and as long as that doesn't change, a lot of people will refrain from trying or sticking to it. It is also one of the reasons why TF2 is so popular.

That's how I see it, anyway
Bingo. Aspies and manchildren have taken over what is a great game and made it into their personal clubhouse where the jocks/blacks/mom and dad can't hurt them. The game needs to be taken back from them, but they infest every part of the community, from pubbing to how the game works. It doesn't help that most people have a negative view of FF because of the TF2's comments about grenades.

In order to get new players, we need to take out the problem-creators, then start to advertise. If the aspies are still in the game when we start to advertise, then we'll be fucked because they'll run them off with their whining about shit like "O VS D ONLY" and "NO HWS ON O" when players don't know about any of their rules.
Hirohito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 04:34 PM   #74
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Well what I found out is that O V D works in a pub inviroment with this small community. We have 3 guys one one team, and 2 guys on the other team. So instead of having everyone go O and one guy on D does not work, no point to it but once we put those two guys to stay O and the 3 guys on D, it gets fun and I have no seen an issue with this yet. As for a HW on Offense I don't care if they do that but I do tell them that it will be wise to play and Offense class like Spy, med, or scout.

As for clanners taking over this mod is nonesence. There are no elite clans in FF besides two clans but thats it. :e0:, gr, AS, AE, order, etc... are clans that are there not only to help the league community but the FF community in general.

Yes there are elitist around but its moslty people that you ignored and don't usually pub.

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #75
CrazyCro
OLD-DEVILS

Class/Position: D
Gametype: FPS
Affiliations: OLD-DEVILS
The Game (Mod) Is GREAT! needs a bit work, but for the most part the game ROCKS! all we need is PLAYERS/Full servers.

We at NFO Ordered a Half-Life 2 Death Match server, On it we advertise Fortress Forever and Fortress-Zone. Trying to get those HL2 players in our FF servers.
CrazyCro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #76
TACO-BELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mushy
tool
Articulate, eh? You and your former clanmates are some of the worst douches I've ever seen online. Things I've seen you do:

- Knowingly spread fake rumours about people hacking along with Skanky Butterpuss
- Trying to get players banned from servers because you couldn't cap on them
- Screaming "CUNT" at Ladydeath for 30 mins on the mic
- etc

In gaming communities not dominated by assclowns, you'd not be able to post in the main forum after acting the way you have. You suck.
TACO-BELL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #77
Green Mushy
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via AIM to Green Mushy
My opinion matters, yours doesnt.
Green Mushy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #78
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
I think you two should settle this little issue in the game, not on the forums.
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 07:16 PM   #79
Tsukasa

Class/Position: O
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: mimic-
Taco, hasn't anyone told you not to feed the internet troll? Shame on you.
Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #80
pF
no war but class war
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Soldier / Scout
Gametype: ctf
Affiliations: [w~k!]
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {NFO}CrazyCro
The Game (Mod) Is GREAT! needs a bit work, but for the most part the game ROCKS! all we need is PLAYERS/Full servers.

We at NFO Ordered a Half-Life 2 Death Match server, On it we advertise Fortress Forever and Fortress-Zone. Trying to get those HL2 players in our FF servers.
Awesome!

Gay And Lesbian Fiction | Teen Books | Bath Products
pF is offline   Reply With Quote