Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
The movie was awesome. I'm a fan of the original series and TNG series (the other series' are complete garbage) and have seen all the previous movies but this was by far the best.

I'm glad they didn't fix the timeline to align back with the previous movies and hope the next set of movies are just as good and have all the same people.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
I have a thought about the movie and it's been bugging me. First I'll say I watched it again and liked it more. I definitely enjoy the movie so that's all fun things. I also look forward to sequels.

(Possible SPOILER... no direct plot references ahead, but minor ones are in view.)

That said, did anyone else get the feeling that the whole plot was just an excuse to make movies without upsetting die-hard fans? It felt rushed to me. Not in a terrible way or anything like that... but everything that happened was purely coincidental. When you look at the back stories behind each character, while their knowledge was developed their direct plot lines weren't. They all just happened to join star fleet at relatively the same time, they all happened to be assigned the fleet's flagship with no experience at exactly the same time, and they all got promoted within minutes of each other. For me, that's overly convenient and distracting from the relevant plot line. I still enjoyed the movie, but this kind of writing makes me feel like they were only trying to wank their fans a little bit so they'd get less criticism from them during the later movies. Anyone else feel that way or was it just me?
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote