Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 09-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #1
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Where were you?

Four years ago on this day... where were you...

I was sitting in class, the librarian came in and said that the towers had been bombed. We watched the news for about five minutes, and the teacher turned it off. We hadn't yet grasped the severity...

When I got home that day, I learned just how much damage was done.

All those who died that day will never be forgotten. And, in memory of the emergency workers who gave their lives to save others:

Never will you be forgotten...
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #2
o_lithium

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I was in class not knowing it till 5 days later.
o_lithium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
I was watching TV when my program got interrupted. cant remember what it was now, though. i got rather pissed off, mainly cos the towers were hit.

sorry for the inappropriateness of this, but is it just me, or is american patriotism really cheesy?
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #4
o_travis dane

Re: Where were you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
Four years ago on this day... where were you...
Planet Earth.
o_travis dane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #5
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
I'm only part American, so it's bound to be cheesey.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
o_drtom

watching a jackie chan video at home
o_drtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2005, 11:32 PM   #7
o_sobe green

I had just went into my Chemistry class. This girl told me the Pentagon and the World Trade Center had airplanes crashed into them. I remember telling her I didn't care. Class started and they made the announcement on the intercom about the whole thing. I started to think that it may have been more important than I thought. That class we sat and talked about it and in my next class we watched the news footage of all of it. And for the rest of the days in all of my classes we just watched TV.

The only thing that really stands out of the entire day was everyone scrambling around to get gas. My grandpa owns a gas station so me and my friends went and filled up for free.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
o_frenchtoast

Don't remember. It wasn't an important day in my life.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #9
o_tennovan

Have some sympathy French, please. Whether or not you were directly affected, do you not feel bad for all the innocent lives lost? Jesus. What if it WAS your family members there? Being heartless doesn't make you cool.

Anyways, I was on my way to an offsite class and I heard something about it. When I arrived at the college later on, we all sat and watched TV as the details went down.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 12:32 AM   #10
o_skanky butterpuss

going to my economics class. i remember not caring and even laughing at first because i saw the second plane fly into the tower and thought it was cool as hell. i hadnt grasped the severity till probably a few months later, but even now, im not torn up about it like many people are. it sucked, but such is life.
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 01:01 AM   #11
o_frenchtoast

I'm with Skanky. I'm sorry Tennovan that I didn't mark the day on my calendar so I can mourn on the anniversary, but as I stated it was like any other day in my life. I was in grade 5, didn't know what the hell the WTC was, I just thought it was neat that you could take down a building with a plane.

By stating it wasn't an important day isn't stating that I don't give a shit about the people.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:05 AM   #12
o_binarylife

I was in high school school. Study hall.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 01:20 AM   #13
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Yeah, it's pretty cheesy, but oh well. That's what we do.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:21 AM   #14
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
I'm with Skanky. I'm sorry Tennovan that I didn't mark the day on my calendar so I can mourn on the anniversary, but as I stated it was like any other day in my life. I was in grade 5, didn't know what the hell the WTC was, I just thought it was neat that you could take down a building with a plane.

By stating it wasn't an important day isn't stating that I don't give a shit about the people.
But for the most part each post you make shows you're age. Quit trying to be a cocky little kid. I've seen you insult American and laugh at American numerous times, but in reality you are the arrogant and ignorant.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 02:12 AM   #15
o_xstioph

I was in the army, our first week out in the "field" (not a war thing, just practice... rising tents, shooting practice etc..). There was a military priest/minister that talked to us and stuff... All we got to know was what was said in the first days newspaper... After that it took about 3-4 days until we fully understood what had happened. Unreal.
o_xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 02:13 AM   #16
o_frenchtoast

I'm not trying to be a cocky little kid. And if each post shows my age... whoopdee-fucking-do. Is that a surprise? It sure shouldn't be. Each post Innoc made shows that he's an older guy who was in the army. Woah, imagine the odds.

I'f I sound like a kid in my posts, guess what? Maybe it's because I'm a kid.

1. I am ignorant

2. I am arrogant

Damn right I am, I'm not even going to try and deny it. It's who I am. I'm a kid. I'm a Canadian skatepunk monkey spanking wanker, so suck it up princess.

Old 09-12-2005, 02:46 AM   #17
o_tennovan

........wow. This is the future of the world.
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 02:52 AM   #18
o_frenchtoast

Yeah, sorry. You've done a real bang up job so far.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:20 AM   #19
o_leetard

Being ignorant, and arrogant isnt something to be proud of.

Just keep in mind he wouldn't have this attitude in person. Unless he did? Im sure he'll adamantly proclaim that he would, that he doesn't care. But the fact of the matter is he wouldn't.

Kids these days, especially at his age, don't care about anything but themselves. Well some do, but most don't. Some feel like they need to rebel against everything they're just simply not interested in, or dislike. They feel the need to prove that they don't give a shit, which is pretty ironic. And if some keep this attitude and don't grow out of it, they get into trouble when theyre entering adulthood. The 'trouble' im speaking of can be multiple things. It can be running your mouth at the wrong person(s), or making a bad decision and getting arrested. Those who keep the attitude are just foolish. You hear it a million times from people, but its damn true.

I have a bro who actually just grew out of it, and has some actual smarts about him now. Took him a little bit of time, but he's learned.

On topic:
I was at school, and the first one hit during passing time. I went to class and the TV was on the news, and it was streaming the scene live. So we just sat in class and watched, no one really talking. Then the 2nd one hit... we saw it from the angle the camera was positioned. Then they showed a ton of replays. Ill just remember the shock everyone had, the day felt really dark to me.
o_leetard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2005, 03:28 AM   #20
o_frenchtoast

I like to think I'm not an ass in person. I'm quite respectful to authority figures, and definitely not your stereotypical skateboarding 14 year old.

However, on the internet, you meet people of such a different variety. I didn't grow up being exposed to people with the views that people like Circ and Innoc have, and so certain things they say rub the the wrong way, for no apparent reason.

Plus the internet gives you the ability to really do what you want with minimal punishment.