Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 06-18-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
FordGT

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Border1, Engbat, Civsaw, Votemaps, QWTF et al.

After searching, I didn't find anyone recently talking about border1, civsaw, or engbat. A few people were talking about them, but the posts are almost two years old. Is anyone working on any of these?

I'd actually donate some money to someone who is, or will be, making them. I know it takes time and effort to make these things. I'm interested in hosting a dedicated server with such maps when the time comes.

I'm sure some of you remember QWTF "vote maps" where you enter a room with a bunch of portals, and each portal has a screenshot of the map you want to play. Walking through the portal enters your vote to play that map. Something like that would be kinda cool, too. I tried searching it, but I'm not sure what they were called.
FordGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-18-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
Beetle
Beta than eva'

I'll be trying to a make a votemap. It would be the door-breakin' deal though b/c I don't know how to make entering portals tally up votes and such.

btw, for free, come on lol
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2007, 02:21 AM   #3
PsYcNeT
Black Chancellor

BAM4!
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
own3r
Custom mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
BAM4!
Since you mentioned it what is it you like about BAM4?
I have not played it with many folks on QWTF to know how it plays.
What are your favourite parts of the map?

I can remember someone ages ago saying that the dead end fr in the basement was a bit too defensive what are your thoughts on that?
own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #5
GhOsT

I only messed around in pubs on it back in QWTF and it was fun for that. I played it once in a TFC match for CAL and it was a nightmare. Probably one of the most defensive maps out there, second only to fortsake2. Even if you get it out of that long flagroom hallway you still only have feasibly 1 way out of the basement unless noone is following you and you can setup a double conc up the elevators.
GhOsT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2007, 12:50 AM   #6
PsYcNeT
Black Chancellor

Quote:
Originally Posted by own3r
Since you mentioned it what is it you like about BAM4?
I have not played it with many folks on QWTF to know how it plays.
What are your favourite parts of the map?

I can remember someone ages ago saying that the dead end fr in the basement was a bit too defensive what are your thoughts on that?
I think it could potentially be remade into one of the sweetest maps ever.

Obviously the lacklustre basement would need to be revamped, but the front room, water enterance, lift area, and gigantic spiral are all pure genius from a TF standpoint. Not to mention it's a map just begging for some cool as shit sci-fi/aliens-esque architecture and texturing.

I just love how open it is while still being a primarily indoors map.

Fantastic firefights
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #7
own3r
Custom mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
I only messed around in pubs on it back in QWTF and it was fun for that. I played it once in a TFC match for CAL and it was a nightmare. Probably one of the most defensive maps out there, second only to fortsake2. Even if you get it out of that long flagroom hallway you still only have feasibly 1 way out of the basement unless noone is following you and you can setup a double conc up the elevators.
From the sound of that the whole idea of a basement 2fort style needs to be scrapped and a better solution incorporating the open interiors which give it the map appeal would be a good move. It would be intersting to see if a more open if a bit unconventional FR would work incorporating spirals and open ramps etc could even make it out of displacements in a cave light setting after my exams which will be over the end of june I will look into doing concepts for the layout of the FR and exits.
own3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
FordGT

Anyone remember the name of the map where you had to (I think) set detpacks on a nuclear reactor?

I recall that being fun, if not very often played.
FordGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
I remember a map called Nuclear, but it involved taking a key to a cap point, and hoping your team got into the bunker before the nuke hit.......
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote