D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
One thing I didn't like about skyrim is how lacking the cities were. I'm sure that a lot of us were hoping for some really epic cities. Most of them are really small, and that really doesn't sound like a good mmo experience.
Wow, it's refreshing to see someone level an actual criticism of Skyrim. I played it for 90 hours, and couldn't pick it back up. Todd Howard said that Skyrim would have everything that was great about Morrowind in it. It didn't. Morrowind was by far the best game in the Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim doesn't hold a candle to the experience it provided it's players. There were so many easter eggs, each city was ENTIRELY different from the next, it felt organic. Skyrim was boring in the RPG aspect, it recycled the same shit we've seen in every other RPG under the sun and covered up it's RPG deficiency with Micheal Bay-style wowism. Morrowind felt so organic and spontaneous, and as someone who has played a lot of games (and RPG's) it felt like every new area of the world held a new discovery that would enhance the plot that much more. There was a few annoying things about Morrowind, and Skyrim fixed them, and they even added some cool new things, but it's still an unpolished and undeveloped RPG.

So I'm not entirely off-topic, a Skyrim MMO is a terrible idea. The only reason it'll be successful is because of how many clueless gamers are out there who fawn over stupid fucking memes and latch to the crusty anuses of every new bandwagon trend that comes to town. With success comes pragmatism, and with pragmatism comes shitty games. It happens to every major publisher and developer. The bigger you get, the more window-licking mouth-breathers you have to please, and the worse your product gets. 'Wholesome' developers like Bethesda and even iD all fall into this trap.

/rant