Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #1
cq-reborn

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
All of you dissing on Tf2 think about this..

Guys, its the VERY FIRST DAY of the beta that their letting the public have access to, and EVERYONE seems to agree about issues such as bunny hopping, gameplay speed, respawn time. Do you honestly think parts of the game that everyone dislikes are going to stay the same? Beta just got released and everyone thinks "this is it","thats all there is". I assure you that Valve will pull through in the end as they always do, even if they get off to a horribly bumpy start.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #2
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Actually...a lot of it will probably stay the same as Valve has tried to...what's the word? OH YES! "Revolutionize" FPS's. The only thing I even see changing is respawn time...and even then it won't go away, perhaps a reduction in time, if we're lucky. Even when community maps are released for it, it won't change. This is like dreaming about Jessica Alba kissing you and her being terrible at it. Just a let down.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #3
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabeggar
Jessica Alba kissing you and her being terrible at it. Just a let down.
i dont know man, i think id just be happy if she was standing next to me... lol...
but serious, i think that developers in general, have something in mind. they put it on paper , they put it in code, they do a lot of work, then when joe shmoe #1 comes up and says you suck change it, then joe shmoe #2 says no not like that like this... then joe shmoe #54215 comes up and says oh your all wrong, its good the way it was change it back... they get fed up with things ... thats why most of them have there mind set and what you see is what you get... IMO i seriously doupt the beta will change at all in the next version , the only thing that will change is crashing errors and misc bugs they forgot about, IE thats why its a public beta, otherwise it would be an alpha

Old 09-18-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
BobTheChainsaw

I love TF2, I dunno whats up with you guys. :/

Old 09-18-2007, 11:08 PM   #5
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by cq-reborn
Guys, its the VERY FIRST DAY of the beta that their letting the public have access to, and EVERYONE seems to agree about issues such as bunny hopping, gameplay speed, respawn time. Do you honestly think parts of the game that everyone dislikes are going to stay the same? Beta just got released and everyone thinks "this is it","thats all there is". I assure you that Valve will pull through in the end as they always do, even if they get off to a horribly bumpy start.

Uh, you realize they are releasing on the 9th? That means they have the FINAL versions of the games in Orange Boxes.... ready to sell at retail outlets.

The word BETA was used to get more sales. Thousands of ppl fell for it. Where do you report your bugs? What type of forms do you have. Where is the list of items they want tested? ...

Anyway, they will do some minor tweaks here and there as is common post release. However, the term BETA has just been used to cover up areas that are lacking and to get more sales at launch.

"There's a sucker born every minute"

Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #6
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est
well, i would think a lot more since steam was in effect

Old 09-18-2007, 11:11 PM   #7
Rawd

I'm willing to wait and see what they do with it. I don't want to sound like I am dissing the game, I just had such high hopes after 8 years. Don't get me wrong, I have definately had some fun in there so far, and I am going to continue playing it now and then in 30 minute bursts, and I still think it is better than alot of other multiplayer FPS's. But it does not FEEL like Team Fortress. It feels almost like it was made for the XBOX, in fact, I could see myself playing this game with a gamepad (I thought I would never say that) Who knows, maybe if I hadn't played so much FF before it, I would have a different opinion.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
Jifcuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by barronofhellion
well, i would think a lot more since steam was in effect

Wow I didn't know steam affected birth rates

Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #9
summit

4est: patches, anyone?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:55 PM   #10
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
The word BETA was used to get more sales. Thousands of ppl fell for it. Where do you report your bugs? What type of forms do you have. Where is the list of items they want tested?
There's "Report Bug" on the main menu.

Does it do anything? Hiono. But it's there.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #11
Kao

Quote:
Uh, you realize they are releasing on the 9th? That means they have the FINAL versions of the games in Orange Boxes.... ready to sell at retail outlets.

The word BETA was used to get more sales. Thousands of ppl fell for it. Where do you report your bugs? What type of forms do you have. Where is the list of items they want tested? ...

Anyway, they will do some minor tweaks here and there as is common post release. However, the term BETA has just been used to cover up areas that are lacking and to get more sales at launch.

There is a option in the menu to report bugs directly. The form is built into the main menu. You click "Report a Bug" and it takes you to a sub menu where you give all your information and submit a screenshot.

Why make such blanket statements when you obviously have not even looked at the game for yourself?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
Drunken Zealot

Quote:

Actually, it is a beta. They're going to be looking more closely at bugs and bug reports. When you go to install/play on launch day, you'll just have to download a patch before play as they'll have updated the game.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #13
Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cq-reborn
Guys, its the VERY FIRST DAY of the beta that their letting the public have access to, and EVERYONE seems to agree about issues such as bunny hopping, gameplay speed, respawn time. Do you honestly think parts of the game that everyone dislikes are going to stay the same?.
I actually do..At the end of the day its valve..they ruined tfc once before looks like theyre going to do it again..After all they did kill tfc...

Valve dont listen to the public its a fact..we've been through all this before with them..disagreeing on alot of things but at the end of the day its their game they do what they like with it..thats the attitude were going to get..

I think its fun on dustbowl that when you die as hwguy..you gotta wait 15-20 seconds to respawn and then it takes you another 30 seconds to get back to the start of the map..No wonder everybody gets bored of playing the game after 5 minutes and thinks its bollocks..

FF all the way tbfh i'm actually gutted at the release...i was sat up last night waiting for the tf2 and this morning i woke up all excited like a little girl at christmas and then getting onto a server to see that shite just puts the icin on the cake for me tbh.

If they do release an update sometime soon lets hope theyve pretty much changed the whole game around to something a little more..Team fortress like..

Old 09-19-2007, 12:00 AM   #14
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Zealot
bugs and bug reports
ie - game crashes , net support

Old 09-19-2007, 12:03 AM   #15
ajniN

Quote:

Huh.. "final version". Ohh kay, since when did Valve/Steam release anything that was a final version? Go buy CS:S and install it and see if it's the final version. Oh hell no, you'll sit there for quite a while d/l 100's of mb's of updates for it.

The same will go for TF2. There is no such thing as a final version, they'll just add to the updates if there is a problem or a need to change anything.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #16
BobTheChainsaw

Hahahaha, I love TF2 so much. Seriously, I just had the best match ever. Me and my sentry mowed down like 5000 guys, and then I capped the flag. Woot.

I don't see why joo guys hate it, but whatever floats yer boat.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #17
IvaQuaL

Wake up, "beta" is just a marketing buzzword here. Hardly anything will change until release.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 AM   #18
KAR|-primer

you know theres a server cvar cmd to change respawn times...

Old 09-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #19
Phantom Spiker

They may add a few things to the game, and maybe balance some of the weapons...but what you see is what you pretty much get guys...idk if you guys played DOD:S but it was nothing like the original at all and Valve did nothing else to it after the release other than some new maps, bugs fixes and buffed the rifles. Trust me, the word BETA was just slapped on it to make you guys feel special.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #20
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajniN
Go buy CS:S and install it and see if it's the final version. Oh hell no, you'll sit there for quite a while d/l 100's of mb's of updates for it.
only update that changed for cs:s since its release = gun cost , and can you imagine most servers have it off because who wants to pay 7000$ for a d.eagle

Closed Thread