o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 04:51 AM   #222
o_valk

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
o_valk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 05:09 AM   #223
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
These are cool good job guys. Im not sure when an official logo is going to be announced but keep experiementing posting ideas.

I like that wallpaper tombombman.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 05:40 AM   #224
o_sobe green

If tombombman's picture had a darker red I'd love the logo in it. Maybe a darker blue too I don't know I'd have to see. Right now it just reminds me of some kind of skin you'd find in Windows XP. But then maybe I'm crazy.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #225
o_shaolin

In my opinion the official logo is going to struggle to beat the latest version of Nar's. I really like the look of it, with the engraved forever, dirtier f and blood smears. I liked the red and blue glows as well.
o_shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #226
mirvin_monkey
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
In my opinion the official logo is going to struggle to beat the latest version of Nar's. I really like the look of it, with the engraved forever, dirtier f and blood smears. I liked the red and blue glows as well.
Yeah I think it's great, also thanks Nar for taking the time to try out the red/blue idea too
mirvin_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 09:27 PM   #227
o_qbaler

o_qbaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 09:38 PM   #228
o_mooga

Oh! I like that better!
Thankx Qbaler

Old 03-18-2005, 09:48 PM   #229
o_nar

yeah, they were supposed to be crooked ;<
o_nar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 09:57 PM   #230
o_qbaler

ya nar I figured they were meant to be cuz with ur skill it doesnt seem that you would do anything without meaning to. I at first thought the bridges were setup that way because attaching quarters of a circle is weird but then i thought that the thickness of the circle fully supports a link perpendicular to the edges. So thats what I did and I think it flows better that way. Them being crooked kinda took ur eyes off the main parts.

and I still havent heard ppls view on me removing the glows I'm guessing ppl prefer it that way. I can post an image with the glows but I think it really doesnt fit with the rest. (its not a real glowy type image).
o_qbaler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 10:02 PM   #231
o_mooga

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbaler
and I still havent heard ppls view on me removing the glows I'm guessing ppl prefer it that way. I can post an image with the glows but I think it really doesnt fit with the rest. (its not a real glowy type image).
I like it better with OUT the glow for the record.

Old 03-18-2005, 10:20 PM   #232
o_b3nton

okay i'd asked a lawyer and he told me that the F thing WILL get copright problems ....

i just say Fireworks.

okay i'll work myself now on a logo and wallpaper.
o_b3nton is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 10:31 PM   #233
o_mooga

I was thining about that.
Just take off the cross so it looks like an S and NOT an F.
Kinda like what I use in The Banners

Edit: My Bad, my banners have the cross... darn it!

Old 03-18-2005, 11:02 PM   #234
o_nar

I seriously doubt the f would cause any copyright problems. It's just a plain f and it's not like Macromedia has the soul right to use that letter.
The 'missing' part of the 'bridge' in the f is what typifies the fireworks and flash logos, so aslong as that isn't the same I can't imagine it giving any trouble.
o_nar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2005, 11:44 PM   #235
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

I highly doubt the f thing is a problem. If putting a bar across an infinity sign causes legal problems... :P

Old 03-18-2005, 11:57 PM   #236
o_lektrik

Well, it is America

j/k
o_lektrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2005, 01:34 AM   #237
o_repair man

The fireworks f doesn't have the center bar going through both sides, and the f itself is stretched out a bit further horizontally. Theres no denying there is a similarity, but when you compare both logos as a whole (infinity sign as opposed to an f followed by two semi circles) there is quite a bit of difference.

Also, just to throw my two cents out there, I like the idea of somehow incorporating red/blue into the logo, but the the paint/blood thing doesn't do it for me. I think the background and the logo body fit together beautifully though (including the blood smear).
o_repair man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2005, 03:04 AM   #238
o_cudweiser

o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2005, 03:33 AM   #239
o_mr_rage

Before I get to my main point...
Cudweiser, your concept looks cool and all... but I just can't bring myself to favor it for a few reasons. The first is that it looks dangerously close the "female symbol." I for one don't want to get that image in my head every time I open up FF to frag The second reason follows below:

I sympathize with the general consensus that there should be blood on the logo... but another part of me thinks it really needs to be done away with.

Remember that you're trying to target a pretty large community with this, and, despite what we would all very much like, there's a large base of players out there whose parents still won't let them play/buy a game with that kind of logo.

You might call it an exaggeration, but I think it's somewhat true. Furthermore, you want the logo to be something that can be applied and used everywhere, not just in 1280x1024 resolution and 32bit color

I'll probably get flamed for this , but look at the Counter-Strike logo. It can easily be adapted for use as a gif on websites, as an icon for the desktop, and as an actual logo in-game. I don't like the idea of seeing a blood-smeared metallic chunk every time I look at it, tbh.

I think the idea of the red/blue is awesome, and with some experimentation could be applied to the "infinity" logo VERY well. I don't have photoshop on this PC, otherwise I'd give it a half-assed go... perhaps later.

I don't like the FFs. It's a good concept, as made evident by its abundant use in 200,000 other games/applications But there comes a time where things just get overplayed and overused. Sometimes a good thing, despite still being good, can be totally driven through the floor by over-use (look to the fashion industry for clear, blatant examples). I'd like to see something focused more on the infinity logo than the 2 F's. Perhaps apply a red or blue overlay or highlight to the upper left "quadrant" and the lower right "quadrant" of the infinity logo, and do away with the blood.

A metallic or concrete feel is your best bet... afterall, it has FORTRESS in the name. Some AC shots and holes might look ok, but I think the scratches and grooves look better, imo.

Some nice work overall though. Just remember that a logo needs to be more than just eye candy. It needs to be versatile enough to be used everywhere, and I don't see that happening with the blood detail and stuff like that. Looking good though!
o_mr_rage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2005, 03:44 AM   #240
o_cudweiser

Maybe I misinterpreted these current postings. I never thought this was a competition to make the official logo. I thought this was all just 'Fan-Art.' That logo I did was made just for what you said, 'eye candy.' I would hope these other posters don't believe this is a competition as well. Just as I am excited that the community loves providing us with 'fan-art', I am even more excited for what the dev team has in mind for the Official Logo. I know that they are going to blow us away, as they have already done several times.

And I wouldn't think the blood splatter would be a problem, considering the gameplay is going to be even more mature.
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote