Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 08:33 PM   #1
o_amazingnurseenrique

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Nice to see such a veteran mod team

I was looking through the dev team list, and I noticed a couple familiar names in the mapping community (Chemical_Burn, who's made some of my favorite maps, and Zouave). Good to see names that I recognize.

Just wanted to give a thumbs-up to the team for their professionalism and dedication. I'm looking very forward to this project partially based on the fact that it looks like you guys will get it done and do a good job. Keep it up.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
o_grizzly

Hopefully we'll see some mapping progress from Zouave and / or Chemical_Burn next feew weeks. *can't wait for map screens and other media realses*

Old 06-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #3
o_frenchtoast

Yay verily.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #4
o_light

now if only theyd actually do some work and complete the god damn thing11 :P

Old 06-02-2005, 08:23 AM   #5
o_qui

Not really related but i have seen alot on this forum as people being referred to as "Vets"

I hate it

Old 06-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #6
o_photeknix

and... no offense... but calling anyone from tfc a vet is pretty funny. if you played TF before 97 and helped in the creation and growth of the original TF, then i might consider you a vet. other thing being these aren't even names i've ever heard of in TFC... meaning they are post 1.5 names. post 1.5 is definatly not a vet. i played for a top title holding clan from closed beta testing till 1.5 release, so i know whos who... and truthfully the only name i know on the dev team is mulchman.

i know this post is a flame war waiting to happen, but i also think using that term is dangerous ground, and if used at all, should be used correctly.

Old 06-02-2005, 03:51 PM   #7
o_medi

You played for a top clan during closed beta testing?

Old 06-02-2005, 03:54 PM   #8
o_photeknix

correct. we were a QWTF clan (which made the switch to TFC) and were invited into the closed beta by the TFS guys (aka. the creators of TF who now work for Valve) who we know.

i was also running a huge TF/TF2 fansite at the time, which no longer exsists (like many TF2 fansites that have died because of TF2's status)

Old 06-02-2005, 04:15 PM   #9
o_general levy

medi = pwned attempt at catching someone out? :P

Old 06-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #10
o_fathom

Quote:
Originally Posted by photeknix
and... no offense... but calling anyone from tfc a vet is pretty funny. if you played TF before 97 and helped in the creation and growth of the original TF, then i might consider you a vet. other thing being these aren't even names i've ever heard of in TFC... meaning they are post 1.5 names. post 1.5 is definatly not a vet. i played for a top title holding clan from closed beta testing till 1.5 release, so i know whos who... and truthfully the only name i know on the dev team is mulchman.

i know this post is a flame war waiting to happen, but i also think using that term is dangerous ground, and if used at all, should be used correctly.
Were you offended by the dev team being called vets? wow... You have played the game longer than anyone else... congrats...

I'm sure that anyone pre 1.5 could be concidered as a vet.. I mean.. they pretty much know the game frontwards and backwards.

But, if you feel better being known as a vet... Photeknix... you and Mulchman are vets. Everyone else... amateurs. (oh... people that played TF are vets too... can't leave them out.)

Oh wait... I'v never even heard of Photeknix... I guess he's not a vet after all.....

Old 06-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #11
o_kaxxil

Old 06-02-2005, 09:43 PM   #12
o_jerm

from where i come from (new zealand) we call kermit (mapper of shutdown2 for ff) a vet,

He's lead the strongest clans in both NZ and Australia, and pretty much pioneered conc jumping/speed running in NZ

Old 06-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #13
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Playing from the beginning of TF doesn't count you as a vet more than the other guy, just makes you an old school player, or a dinosaur, whichever you feel fits you best.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:11 PM   #14
o_storm

In comparison to how long online gaming has been going someone who has been going since pre-2000 is a vet in my eyes All I want to know is do I get a pension!?

Old 06-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #15
o_medi

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Levy
medi = pwned attempt at catching someone out? :P
hehe, maybe

Just thought you couldn't have much competition in a closed beta.

Old 06-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #16
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
Photeknix, what clans were you in in QWTF and TFC? What TF news site? Just curious. Also, TFC has been post 1.5 longer than QWTF through TF 1.5. So it's pretty silly to say you aren't a vet unless. .

Not to mention the game has continued evolving and is much further along now than it was 5 years ago. There are several of us on the team that haven't been hardcore TFers, but most are or have been in the past. All but a few of us are veteran TF players.

Old 06-03-2005, 01:11 AM   #17
o_frenchtoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom

Were you offended by the dev team being called vets? wow... You have played the game longer than anyone else... congrats...

I'm sure that anyone pre 1.5 could be concidered as a vet.. I mean.. they pretty much know the game frontwards and backwards.

But, if you feel better being known as a vet... Photeknix... you and Mulchman are vets. Everyone else... amateurs. (oh... people that played TF are vets too... can't leave them out.)
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not...

Old 06-03-2005, 01:47 AM   #18
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Whats sarcasm?

Old 06-03-2005, 02:07 AM   #19
o_fathom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not...
Oh, sorry if you didn't understand. PAr 1 = Sarcasm.. 2 = imo.. 3 = more sarcasm.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:40 AM   #20
o_qui

You can only be a Vet if you played before i started!!!!111

And vet is an annoying term!

Closed Thread