Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #301
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member
 
greenday5494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
im having the same problem. it randomly crashes, with annoying repeating sound!
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #302
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Desyphur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous View Post
We lost our brains, asses, and testicles to zombies. Several times.

Finally ended up on Easy. Tanks on Easy are... easy.
Easy is...way too easy. Normal is nice, and Advanced seems just about perfect

I dread trying expert.
__________________
What was left of my sanity implored me not to enter...but that voice was just a whisper now.
Desyphur is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #303
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494 View Post
im having the same problem. it randomly crashes, with annoying repeating sound!
That's not the same problem.

I'm talking pure lock-up. Everything stops. CPU dies.

...shit I should try turning off multicore.
__________________
Look at all those dead links.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #304
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member
 
greenday5494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous View Post
That's not the same problem.

I'm talking pure lock-up. Everything stops. CPU dies.

...shit I should try turning off multicore.
i need to restart my computer, as i cant even access the desktop.
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #305
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Desyphur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
God damnit and I was doing so good...

I played on single player last night, No Mercy, Expert. I thought, hell, might as well go for Safety First, since the bots can't friendly fire. Got through the whole first stage fine, started the subway fine. Tossed a pipe bomb in the vent...and it explodes, killing off the zombie horde that the boomer summoned up, but somehow Zoey, who was standing behind me, further away from the vent, took damage from it, while I didn't...

God...damnit...
__________________
What was left of my sanity implored me not to enter...but that voice was just a whisper now.
Desyphur is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 05:41 PM   #306
teh_rape
Supa-leet-cap-a-cop
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desyphur View Post
God damnit and I was doing so good...

I played on single player last night, No Mercy, Expert. I thought, hell, might as well go for Safety First, since the bots can't friendly fire. Got through the whole first stage fine, started the subway fine. Tossed a pipe bomb in the vent...and it explodes, killing off the zombie horde that the boomer summoned up, but somehow Zoey, who was standing behind me, further away from the vent, took damage from it, while I didn't...

God...damnit...
I put in bold what your problems were. Expert on single player is just asking for you to get molested.
teh_rape is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #307
teh_rape
Supa-leet-cap-a-cop
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous View Post
Add me as a friend and I might! Fucker!

Also: goddamn game keeps locking up my computer. Turning all my graphics down to nothing made it take longer, but it finally happened again. Seems to be related to suddenly having a screen full of shit while someone talks? Dying as a Smoker, getting barfed on, etc.
I thought I had you on friends a while ago. oh well.. I sent you an invite now.


HURRAY DOUBLE POST!
teh_rape is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #308
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Desyphur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_rape View Post
I put in bold what your problems were. Expert on single player is just asking for you to get molested.
It was actually going quite well, the zombies weren't any trouble.

Just the god damn pipe bomb.
__________________
What was left of my sanity implored me not to enter...but that voice was just a whisper now.
Desyphur is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #309
YomMamasHouse
 
YomMamasHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Zombies are very painful on hardest, as I discovered a few days ago.

Does anyone know what factors improve hunter leap damage?
YomMamasHouse is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 11:40 PM   #310
teh_rape
Supa-leet-cap-a-cop
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YomMamasHouse View Post
Zombies are very painful on hardest, as I discovered a few days ago.

Does anyone know what factors improve hunter leap damage?
the higher you pounce from the more damage you do. for example if you jump off a car straight up into the air and land on someone you might do like 5-10 dmg. Pouncing off a tall building you can get up to 25 damage from the pounce alone. also if you are on fire when you pounce someone you do an insane amount of damage every time you hit them. if I were to pull something out of my ass I would say it's probably around double damage for each time you hit them.
teh_rape is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #311
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic
 
zSilver_Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ethanol Land
Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
While playing with green and circ and all them, one guy got a 23 damage pounce. I swear to god, he was in the air for 15 seconds.
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #312
Damascus
Comic Artist
D&A Member
 
Damascus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Got L4D yeeeaaaahhh...

No mic, boooooo...

Anyways, first time playing and I decided to do Dead Air on Expert.

Raped.
Damascus is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #313
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester
 
Credge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
For those that won't get what the problem is with the picture...

The middle score is tallied slower than the tabbed one. It shows you where you got the points from with math and all that stuff.

Could someone tell me why the difference between the two is 5? This was RIGHT after the numbers had been tallied.



Edit: I think this is proof that the scoring system sucks dicks.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-18-2009, 08:38 AM   #314
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester
 
Credge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I fucking love kids so much.

Scenario:

NM5. Just got on the roof.

I'm the only one with the m16, everyone else has the autoshotty. I'm the only one that didn't get pounced or tongued. I clear one guy off. I then change my target to the smoker, who is in the distance.

"Crimson come get me"

I shoot at the smoker. The guy that I freed initially turns and shoots at the distant smoker with his autoshotty.

"Crimson, come get me"

Really? You want me to turn the fuck around, shoot or melee the hunter off of you, while me, the only guy that can reliably save the smoker victim is going to die? Really? Why not say "Autoshotty, come get me".

So, he starts getting lippy.

"Hey, turn the fuck around and save me".

Really? So lets let the guy that is actually doing everything you claim to be doing die while your clan mate shoots with his autoshotty from a distance? Yeah, you want to do that?

So, I promptly say "Shut the fuck up kid, your clan mate has an autoshotty. Tell his stupid ass to save you."

"What the fuck? Where did that come from?" says the kid and his clan mate.

"It comes from you guys being the dumbest shits on the planet."

I then shoot them in the face for about an hour.

I get kicked.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-18-2009, 04:30 PM   #315
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Take note kids.... this is what happens when you can grow the wonderbeard.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #316
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member
 
greenday5494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
wait... whats going on in credge's post

im really confused


oh and im not really playing l4d anymore. it was fun but needs much more depth imo. theres very little skill and such. i dunno. but there needs to be more depth. maybe i've been playing stalker too much
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #317
Demasu
Official FF Medic
 
Demasu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494 View Post
wait... whats going on in credge's post

im really confused


oh and im not really playing l4d anymore. it was fun but needs much more depth imo. theres very little skill and such. i dunno. but there needs to be more depth. maybe i've been playing stalker too much
I haven't played L4D since the demo and I get what's going on. Surely you can deduce through the logic skills you have, and figure it out, because it's not dependent on knowing the ins and outs of L4D.
__________________
Some ER Trauma Doctor: Which way did he point the gun? Was it towards the front of your face or the back of your face?

...and you wonder why I love doctors.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #318
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester
 
Credge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494 View Post
wait... whats going on in credge's post

im really confused


oh and im not really playing l4d anymore. it was fun but needs much more depth imo. theres very little skill and such. i dunno. but there needs to be more depth. maybe i've been playing stalker too much
We got to the roof of NM5. I was the only one unpounced or untongued. I was also the only one with an m16, everybody else had an autoshotty. I freed a pounced victim, one who was close to the other pounced guy. I then turned and walked towards the smoker victim in the distance and began firing on him. The autoshotty user I freed did the same.

In the span of about half a second, this guy spammed his mic demanding I free him while the other guy dies. The other guy was the guy that was saving our ass. His clan mate, the one with the autoshotty who I freed, should have been the one to save him as I had the only m16 to reliably kill the smoker in a timely fashion.

When he got lippy I turned and shot his clan mate because they were cunty the entire game, and terrible to boot. If you bark orders to people, make sure they are good orders. Then, don't take the credit for things that people do. That ensures that you don't get shot in the face. By me. With an M16. While the other person stands there complaining.

And then you get added to my friends list and verbally abused.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009, 03:27 AM   #319
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member
 
greenday5494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge View Post
We got to the roof of NM5. I was the only one unpounced or untongued. I was also the only one with an m16, everybody else had an autoshotty. I freed a pounced victim, one who was close to the other pounced guy. I then turned and walked towards the smoker victim in the distance and began firing on him. The autoshotty user I freed did the same.

In the span of about half a second, this guy spammed his mic demanding I free him while the other guy dies. The other guy was the guy that was saving our ass. His clan mate, the one with the autoshotty who I freed, should have been the one to save him as I had the only m16 to reliably kill the smoker in a timely fashion.

When he got lippy I turned and shot his clan mate because they were cunty the entire game, and terrible to boot. If you bark orders to people, make sure they are good orders. Then, don't take the credit for things that people do. That ensures that you don't get shot in the face. By me. With an M16. While the other person stands there complaining.

And then you get added to my friends list and verbally abused.
basically thats how l4d's community is

i was on expert, blood harvest, expert, took a long time. every1 went ahead and there was one guy left in the saferoom, AFK i assume. i waited with him to come back. i was louis, he was zoey. when he finally came back, i said lets go. thenhe opend the door, i closed it, on purpose and said (thru voice command) No.
i thought it was funny and i said ok lets go. then about 3 feet out the door, he starts shooting me and killing me. he said "Yea you like screwing around huh!?" and proceeds to kill me. Then he votekicks me, but the retards in the game dont know how to read who the vote is for and i end up getting kicked for doing nothing and getting TKed.

Seriously wtf. is this CSS? oh and i've noticed lots more disgusting sprays in L4D than tf2. so i just turned em off.
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 01-19-2009, 03:54 AM   #320
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic
 
zSilver_Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ethanol Land
Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494 View Post
basically thats how l4d's community is

i was on expert, blood harvest, expert, took a long time. every1 went ahead and there was one guy left in the saferoom, AFK i assume. i waited with him to come back. i was louis, he was zoey. when he finally came back, i said lets go. thenhe opend the door, i closed it, on purpose and said (thru voice command) No.
i thought it was funny and i said ok lets go. then about 3 feet out the door, he starts shooting me and killing me. he said "Yea you like screwing around huh!?" and proceeds to kill me. Then he votekicks me, but the retards in the game dont know how to read who the vote is for and i end up getting kicked for doing nothing and getting TKed.

Seriously wtf. is this CSS? oh and i've noticed lots more disgusting sprays in L4D than tf2. so i just turned em off.
No, you were just being an immature dick. Be a more mature one like me.
__________________
I have a nasopharyngeal and webcam...

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.