Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #21
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
yeah but i thought we needed people who wanted to play that game! zelenjava instead of just posting a list why dont u make a video showing us how elite you are before anyone decides if they even wanna guild with you (video of ur requirements which i think are fuxed as fuck.)

Last edited by CHURCHMOUTH; 03-16-2011 at 10:16 PM.
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #22
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
reaper18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yoda~ View Post
Stop whining cause u think its too hard.. there are people that can do all that in this game. Don't change anything please i think the requirements are awesome. its gonna make people want to wear that tag.
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #23
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, Mass
Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Exo, zel is pretty pro, not gunna lie
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #24
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
he pussed out on a 1v1 against TURTLECHOMPER- on a euro server.. how pro can he be?
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #25
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff
 
caesium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: europe
Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
he pussed out on a 1v1 against TURTLECHOMPER- on a euro server.. how pro can he be?
well seeing as how 1v1 dick thrusting in a game like FF is the epitome of noobness and usually indicates inadequacies in ability in other areas (such as actually playing the game..), i'd say that means that he could be pretty pro.

however, i know that he is not
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #26
zelenjava
pew pew cry Bridget
Beta Tester
 
zelenjava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Whats with all the negativity churchmouth. Have you never hit 55+ frags on sd2 ramp or over 38 as medic on any map? i'm pretty sure i've seen people hit these scores offten in the EU pickup channel. You can expect at least one medic to hit over 30 in most pickups.

Look i've rarely recorded or taken screenshots in the past. However you are absoloutely right, i should prove that i have done these things i guess but i really didn't want to turn this into an ego thread that is not the point. I'll kick start it off with two screenshots i've just found in my folder.






There's one challenge in part B which i think could be OTT although entirely possible and that is the 4 homeruns on sd2 of course that isn't in a row. i'm knocking it down to 3, this should have been a medic challenge since doing the ladder trick requires more health with a lower ping (sg lock on) so i'm changing it to scout or medic. So that is infact 3 home runs in 1 pickup as medic or scout (not in a row).

Keeping in mind this trial is based around my better games of FF. It's not designed to be done in one night. It was designed to encourage people to broaden their mind and try new things on FF in an attempt to keep it interesting. If even one skillz player takes up CTF because of the trial then thats pretty good in my books .

As for the 1v1, i have no ego hence why i couldn't care less what you say about me not doing a 1v1 on openfire. I said i'd dm on mulch which is about as much boring/lame gameplay as i can take on ff. I did a 1v1 on openfire once before vs gr3mlin that was the one off occasion. This is a team based game, play quake for duels. If you and your friends can't grasp that point churchmouth then i'm sorry. It was stupid of me to even consider mulch with an idiot. I'm tired of the dramas on FF and at some point a person has to just give up or it will never end. There's always a Chef, i've dealt with enough of them to last a life time. On that note, i will not do a 1v1 on any map with any player on fortress forever. So in your own moronic mind you can now consider me to have pussified out of a 1v1 with every player in the FF community.

Lastly, i am reducting the requirements of part B for anyone playing from US in a EU pickup and vice versa. Given the high ping it is only fair See the initial post for all trial related adjustments. I'll do that at some point today or during the week.
zelenjava is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #27
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Elmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
I'd not known that you're decent at concmaps zel.. you learn something new every day

I've just about juggled concs and completed like 3 jumps on a skillz map ever in my life. Just looked at exist and I've come to accept skill communities always have and always will be beyond my ability. I dunno how you guys do it lol.

GL to you people!
__________________
Support FF:
Done: ff_monkey
Done: ff_bases
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #28
JackBauer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
have to say despite the fact I like FF, I never had any long term motivation due the lack of activity and clans. That's why I never could be arsed to play pickups, since I didn't see a reason why to spend much time on becoming better when there is no one to play for or against (clans).

a guild like this however appears to be interesting. there's a clear goal and some challenging quests. I don't think you should lower the standards too much. I'd rather be spending weeks and even months on these quests and be among a few, than achieve the goals within days and be among many.

always had fun with tfc conc maps, gonna give a look at ff ones as well.
__________________
Swiss Fortress Community
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #29
zelenjava
pew pew cry Bridget
Beta Tester
 
zelenjava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I did it on TFC elmo, i've had a few goes on FF failing at the end of jump 2. Its a map that takes allot of time. i'm not decent at it :P the decent players would call it a n00b map now. They really did advance beyond anything i ever imagined. They conced the bitchjump! it's nuts :P. The reason i chose concmap_exist is because along time ago it was considered the golden standard, once you beat it you were unofficially classed as a decent conc jumper. Like i said, i wanted something a bit challenging. I'm considering taking it out though and switching it for concmap_eu which is considerably easier and fun!
zelenjava is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #30
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Elmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
I agree with Jack Bauer (lol sounds funny saying that) it should be something that shows a degree of excellence... I mean that's what skillz guilds are about. I don't really expect to be able to do it. However when I considered you having two sides to this guild as a jack of all trades (before I knew the conc maps you had selected) I presumed it might be something within my grasp. That said I'm not too fussed if it isn't cause I'd respect those that can even more!!

Don't have to consider this but one option could be an extra partial guild.. give people credit for having part A or part B only.. and then people can recognise those that have achieved both parts as being exceptional. Once one obtains a part and gets some recognition then it could be more incentive to try and get the other part. It'd certainly give me incentive to at least try and get the other part (rather than you changing the conc map).

But I don't know how hard conc_exist is among those capable so changing the map is up to those who can already achieve it! As I said I'd agree it should be for those who deserve it.
__________________
Support FF:
Done: ff_monkey
Done: ff_bases
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-18-2011, 01:57 AM   #31
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Don't have to consider this but one option could be an extra partial guild.. give people credit for having part A or part B only.. and then people can recognise those that have achieved both parts as being exceptional. Once one obtains a part and gets some recognition then it could be more incentive to try and get the other part. It'd certainly give me incentive to at least try and get the other part (rather than you changing the conc map).
Honestly, I think this is a great idea!

For the record; I have nothing against pick-ups... I just don't like IRC clients(more to the point, IRC), and if it wasn't for relying on them... I might try one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #32
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Ricey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Park, FL
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelenjava View Post
Zel ownage.
I call non-jew h4x0rz.

Zel, did you finish piping exist?
__________________
Support FF:
Maps : Haste |Scrummage |Mulch_Trench
Voltage | Exchange Classic | Fortsake
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership


'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Last edited by Ricey; 03-18-2011 at 03:20 AM.
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #33
zelenjava
pew pew cry Bridget
Beta Tester
 
zelenjava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
As requested you can now find demos of the 38 frags medic challenge as recorded last night 17/03/2011 along with the concmap_exist demos as recorded today 18/03/2011. I will continue to add demos to the list of challenges as and when i record them, i won't be very active this week due to exams next week sunday. Rest assured, they will be done in time.

-HF


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
I call non-jew h4x0rz.

Zel, did you finish piping exist?
Yes i did, i have it on demo too but with mistakes unlike the ones i've added to the trial because i didn't use a stop/start recording bind. Cake specced it though

Just added speed2 demos, done 18-19/03/2011 to front page. That completes Part A of the trial. I'll consider doing the trimp map which i added as a bonus when everything else is done, just to shut zE up.

Last edited by zelenjava; 03-19-2011 at 12:56 AM.
zelenjava is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #34
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
i wasnt really being serious when i busted ur balls about being able to do the things u are asking others to do.. the reason why i feel they are not very realistic things to ask a player to do is because we dont play shutdown2 in usa pickups and such.. i havent played destroy in months as well.. stuff like that.. not trying to say u cant do what ur asking us to do.. just basically a little friendly trolling my bad.. Europe has left a bad taste in my churchmouth, im just trying to return the favor. ( elmo teka, and fgts liek gr3mlin mostly, not zelenjava

Last edited by CHURCHMOUTH; 03-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #35
zelenjava
pew pew cry Bridget
Beta Tester
 
zelenjava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
i wasnt really being serious when i busted ur balls about being able to do the things u are asking others to do.. the reason why i feel they are not very realistic things to ask a player to do is because we dont play shutdown2 in usa pickups and such.. i havent played destroy in months as well.. stuff like that.. not trying to say u cant do what ur asking us to do.. just basically a little friendly trolling my bad.. Europe has left a bad taste in my churchmouth, im just trying to return the favor. ( elmo teka, and fgts liek gr3mlin mostly, not zelenjava
Thats a fair comment and i remember those days well, it was a lame fest no denying it. I will be removing map specific challenges for the exact reasons you have pointed out. I'm also reducing requirements when playing transatlantic because it's unrealistic to expect players to achieve those targets with 150 ping or so, although someone probably can manage it. For those interested be sure to check the thread in about a weeks time, untill then i am rather busy.
zelenjava is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #36
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Elmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
lol church... me? You're just mad that I don't like your maps because other than giving my opinion on one map which must be over a year ago I've never done you wrong! Nice to know you feel that way.. pfft.

sounds good zel.. I'm crap on SD2 ramp anyway so might suit me not being tied to the map
__________________
Support FF:
Done: ff_monkey
Done: ff_bases
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Last edited by Elmo; 03-20-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 AM   #37
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
its called a grudge
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #38
zelenjava
pew pew cry Bridget
Beta Tester
 
zelenjava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Ok, i've finalised the first version of the guild trial. I've removed some things which i didn't like, specifically the 4 homeruns. Some people commented on this challenge and in the end i agree so i have lowered it to 3 or you can simply win a 2v2 matchup instead. The 2v2 is a good way to test your ability to scout and to soldier.

Possible changes could be made in the future but i like the trial as it now stands. Please see page 1 for info and i have now uploaded all the demos to cover each challenge, except the 2v2 because I just thought of that :P
zelenjava is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-29-2011, 07:40 AM   #39
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Ricey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Park, FL
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Many already know, but I have a skill server now, if you are wanting to do exist let me know, I'll switch it over so you can play it.
__________________
Support FF:
Maps : Haste |Scrummage |Mulch_Trench
Voltage | Exchange Classic | Fortsake
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership


'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #40
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, Mass
Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Don't do it he'll steal your gold!
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.