Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 02-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
o_puppychow

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
mooching

a couple weeks or so i had quiznos for lunch...got it to go and ate it at work. i had a salad besides the sub. the sslad was a side ceaser, however, it was made up of iceburg lettuce and field greens. now, we all know that a ceaser salad is made with ROMAINE lettuce , so i was pissed and emailed quiznos (think i was just having a bad day).

so today i recieved three 5$ "manager" vouchers to use when i want. free food.

so this got me thinking, i wonder how far one could take this...you may be able to eat free for the rest of your life....
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
o_vampiricus

thats why the economy is fuckered up, well one rreason. people abusing the system. where people may see this as a small innocent thing, imagine millions doing it. who pays for it? who pays for that manual laborer who pics the greens and the farm that collects the ingredients for the bread?

its a endless cycle. kinda like why car insurance is so high, people abusing the system to make profit, in that case, money profit. the quiznos thing is indirect money profit.

to go a little deeper the other day i saw this bum go thru our dumpster grabbing for food. it was his lucky day because a neighbor threw away 6 bags of perfectly good food. the building next door was getting fumigated. now if that bum wasnt there, it would be waisting food?

Im not flamin your post, I just tend to over eval stuff sometimes, makes me think then i babble :P

to answer your question, if one DID feed themselves for the rest of their lives on that routine, along with one million of their friends, the cost of quiznos subs would go up, along with the cost of all the ingredients it takes to make their menu.

cheers! heh
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
o_puppychow

no offense taken, my email to them was legit, but made me think if people do that all the time just to get free shit. prolly.
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
o_darksoul

apparently if you complain about the gum on rizla, they send you free rizla \o/
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
o_salty milkshake

this much is true
o_salty milkshake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #6
o_broodingdude

I had to call Outback to complain about their asshat take-away guy. He knew where I was, just too lazy to get it to me.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that he doesn't make good enough money to have motivation to do the job. I know a chick that works there with him and I know for a fact that guy made at least $16.50 an hour.

I called, complained, and got like $100 worth of free meals at Outback Steakhouse.

Take that you racist 'local' kama'aina fucktard.
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #7
o_vampiricus

then again, there are those places that wont lift a finger, because the just dont give a shit.

One night my girl and I were at our favorite sushi bar. here in Miami, 15% tip is included in the bill in most places (which i disagree 100%, keep reading) and they have this system for the all you can eat for 14 buxx. you write down what you want on this little paper. its a paper with choices you check off then leave it at the end of the table for walking workers to pick it up and take it to the guy who makes it. pretty simple system really. Well on this night, service was really bad, I had to personally take the slips up to the sushi bar to the guy who prepares the sushi dishes 6 out of 7 times. the free refills of my soda never go refilled, even after asking, and when it came to bringing my food, they brought the wrong thing.

So im thinking, ok, no big thing, i lll ask the guy to take off 7% tip, at least they get something for the effort, but when i mentioned that, the guy gets upset at ME, saying its not his fault (this is the owner mind you) and points to 2 signs saying that a 15% tip is added to bill. I tried to tell him that my service was not 15% worthy and that i wanted to cut that in half, still enraged this guy began to make a scene. "no body else complain, why you? i got 250 people come here a day, i dont care bout little ol you" My gf who basically said repeatly, "fine we wont come here again" and she was done with it, but here i still had to pay a 30 dollar bill plus 15 %. you would think he would shine it and get us out of there, but he wouldnt give.

this is just one of a few times an owner of a place wont produce a result to make both parties happy. what do you do when you cant do anything? cut your losses? well we did that night. we lost our fav sushi bar, not another all you can eat for miles. So do we suck it up and allow these places to pretty much own you?

Sushi in Miami, one should know better i guess.

Old 02-28-2006, 07:57 PM   #8
o_broodingdude

Vamp: You were well within your rights to state your opinion. Also, for future reference, it is lawful to pay for the FOOD ONLY and walk out, regardless of the sign out front. That sign, by law is an in-restaurant policy only, and by no means enforcable or punishable. They can't sue, persue, harass or touch you or your posessions for it. Small claims court wouldn't even consider this worth their time.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
o_coldy

I dont understand tipping. My folks only really do it with home deliveries and even then it's like nothing, but if you make it big they think theres been some kind of mistake.

Not to enforce the Mr. Pink cliche or anything, but why do some places and people deserve it and some don't? I work near minimum wage in retail packing shelves, but I don't get hot blonde wenches sneaking fives into my pants and patting me on the arse while I'm trying to fish out a carton of buttermilk. Most days anyway. I know a few waitresses, they uniformly agree their job is easy as piss, outside of the sexual harrassment. But they get tipped for 'doing it better'.

o_coldy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #10
o_vampiricus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodingdude
Vamp: You were well within your rights to state your opinion. Also, for future reference, it is lawful to pay for the FOOD ONLY and walk out, regardless of the sign out front. That sign, by law is an in-restaurant policy only, and by no means enforcable or punishable. They can't sue, persue, harass or touch you or your posessions for it. Small claims court wouldn't even consider this worth their time.
but im wondering 2 things.

most people dont want to bother so they just pay it because its only 15% of 30 bucs. So to me, its the principle, stop it at the source.

Im not sure if its a law here in miami if its stated when you walk in, kinda like they have the right to refuse service to anyone.
Still searching the web to confirm.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #11
o_broodingdude

I've not heard of it otherwise.

I am a bastard for customer service. I call competent service as it is. I only tip when I see even a little above what I call competent.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:32 PM   #12
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I'd rather they fix it in the future than give me a coupon.