Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
XBlank

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FF Marketing and Promotion

I posted this thread in ideas/suggestions but I'm going to go ahead and post it here too because clearly more people read the general.

This game is in pretty big danger of getting completely swallowed by TF2 unless there's a more organized and aggressive marketing effort made, especially upon the full launch of TF2. Word of mouth is okay, but it would be much better to be able to donate to an ongoing ad campaign (via banners, podcasts, e-mails, etc.) to promote this game. I, personally, am not looking for FF to become a continuation of TFC's decline, and right now that's what it looks like it's going to gradually become if there isn't more official promotion of this game.

That said, I'd appreciate some developer comment on how this game should be promoted. Personally, I'd be willing to throw in a few bucks to facilitate this effort, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Please post here with your ideas and any contributions you can make to this effort.
XBlank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
bradley
Oldbie

Send a message via AIM to bradley Send a message via MSN to bradley
I can definatly contribute too.
bradley is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
Dr. eXpl0si0n

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I agree with you on this. People won't know about this unless we tell them. I'm also willing to chip in on help FF go somewhere.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
finalgambit

public relations is my profession - i have the experience and am more than willing to help. unfortunately i dont have much time to devote to organizing the effort, but i would gladly help facilitate plans in motion.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #5
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
Private_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
Storm{63}

At this time I am unable to send money but im trying to do as much word of mouth as i can.

FF is a damn good game and I will continue to play it buy my self if that is what it comes down to..

I do not personaly think FF has any thing to worry about,I my self plan on buying TF2 when it hits stores and i am going to be playing both and I think many will do the same.

A pat on the back to this community is in order I mean just look at the OP and all the others that want to help this game out i have not seen loyalty like this very often.

Thanks for your time all
I wish i could do more.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgambit
public relations is my profession - i have the experience and am more than willing to help. unfortunately i dont have much time to devote to organizing the effort, but i would gladly help facilitate plans in motion.
That sounds great... except the time part.

I guarantee you'll receive our full budget