Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Tech

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 03:30 AM   #41
noeffeks
Waiting for Warpath
 
noeffeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: US Virgin Islands
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
geo, you got latitude? if so, send me yo gmail.
noeffeks is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #42
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
GeoKill----->'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hawthorne, California
Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
ya I do

Check your steam msg
__________________

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #43
Shadow00Caster
Retired FF Staff
 
Shadow00Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: Griefing/Spawn Camping
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I has it to .. send me yours niggaz
Shadow00Caster is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 PM   #44
BinaryLife
Posts: 1 bajillion
D&A Member
Wiki Team
 
BinaryLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
I'm coming into this very late.

The iPhone though, not special. It doesn't do anything that other data phones can't do other than cost more and suck at making phone calls.

If a company wants to design an "iPhone killer" what they need to do is launch an advertising campaign for their phone that appeals to the mass idiots that buy things compulsively and defend their decisions with twisted logic.

Apple is great at advertising. On top of that, they are great software writers. The functionality of all the iPhone features are pretty decent. The touch screen is better than any phone out there, and the phone barely crashed or has any software trouble. It's a great little gadget. But other than it being difficult to even find the phone function (as compared to other phones) its phone function works terribly. All I hear in my store (I went back to att btw now that ccity went under) are complaints about the iPhone and how much it sucks.

Sorry for the iPhone rant... but I really don't like them. Palm however, I like much more than Apple. Overall I am a blackberry man as I've never had any problem, even a small problem, with the blackberry. But to get back to my original point. This new Palm phone actually looks like it'll do some new things. Some things and features that other phones can't do. Which gives it an edge. If it maintains stability, which is a big palm related problem, then it will be a great phone, and if they advertise to technosexual morons, then it'll beat the iPhone.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #45
illogicality-
pwning CTF since 1999
 
illogicality-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Class/Position: Yes
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [ gr. ], UGC-FF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
I'm coming into this very late.

The iPhone though, not special. It doesn't do anything that other data phones can't do other than cost more and suck at making phone calls.

If a company wants to design an "iPhone killer" what they need to do is launch an advertising campaign for their phone that appeals to the mass idiots that buy things compulsively and defend their decisions with twisted logic.

Apple is great at advertising. On top of that, they are great software writers. The functionality of all the iPhone features are pretty decent. The touch screen is better than any phone out there, and the phone barely crashed or has any software trouble. It's a great little gadget. But other than it being difficult to even find the phone function (as compared to other phones) its phone function works terribly. All I hear in my store (I went back to att btw now that ccity went under) are complaints about the iPhone and how much it sucks.

Sorry for the iPhone rant... but I really don't like them. Palm however, I like much more than Apple. Overall I am a blackberry man as I've never had any problem, even a small problem, with the blackberry. But to get back to my original point. This new Palm phone actually looks like it'll do some new things. Some things and features that other phones can't do. Which gives it an edge. If it maintains stability, which is a big palm related problem, then it will be a great phone, and if they advertise to technosexual morons, then it'll beat the iPhone.

Are you retarded? I am not a consumer who goes out and gets what I see on TV - I read reviews, test phones, talk to people whose opinions I trust and then make a judgment based on that - not what some dumb TV/Newspaper/magazine ad tells me.

Are you retarded? How is it difficult to find the phone feature on the iPhone? It's one button!!! Have you ever used palm, blackberry or windows mobile phone? The only difference is between them you have a hard-key to press, where on the iPhone you have to press the icon that is green and looks like a phone (and even says 'Phone')... or - you can press the home button twice... oooh.. that was difficult...

And phone quality?? It must depend where you're physically located because I haven't had an OUNCE of trouble with the phone here in Atlanta - calls are crystal clear and I haven't had one dropped call.

If all you heard are complaints about the iPhone from customers while working at Circuit City, maybe that was THEIR (Circuit City's) problem for recommending the phone to the customer in the first place, especially if they're too dumb to figure out 'ok, swipe my finger across the screen to unlock it, then press the green phone button'... and maybe that's why your shitty company went under - because they have retards working for them who can't figure out "ok, my customer is a dumbass - I probably shouldn't sell them an advanced phone... they may be better off with the plastic flip phone with giant buttons."

Sorry for the retard rant, I really don't like retards who can’t fully comprehend technology.
User received an infraction for this post
__________________
[ gr. illogicality- ] #ff.gr #ugc-ff

Last edited by illogicality-; 03-10-2009 at 08:09 PM.
illogicality- is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #46
BinaryLife
Posts: 1 bajillion
D&A Member
Wiki Team
 
BinaryLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by illogicality- View Post
Are you retarded? I am not a consumer who goes out and gets what I see on TV - I read reviews, test phones, talk to people whose opinions I trust and then make a judgment based on that - not what some dumb TV/Newspaper/magazine ad tells me.

Are you retarded? How is it difficult to find the phone feature on the iPhone? It's one button!!! Have you ever used palm, blackberry or windows mobile phone? The only difference is between them you have a hard-key to press, where on the iPhone you have to press the icon that is green and looks like a phone (and even says 'Phone')... or - you can press the home button twice... oooh.. that was difficult...

And phone quality?? It must depend where you're physically located because I haven't had an OUNCE of trouble with the phone here in Atlanta - calls are crystal clear and I haven't had one dropped call.

If all you heard are complaints about the iPhone from customers while working at Circuit City, maybe that was THEIR (Circuit City's) problem for recommending the phone to the customer in the first place, especially if they're too dumb to figure out 'ok, swipe my finger across the screen to unlock it, then press the green phone button'... and maybe that's why your shitty company went under - because they have retards working for them who can't figure out "ok, my customer is a dumbass - I probably shouldn't sell them an advanced phone... they may be better off with the plastic flip phone with giant buttons."

Sorry for the retard rant, I really don't like retards who can’t fully comprehend technology.

You should have read more closely. I've used all of those phones as a profession. I sell them. I talk to their reps, read reviews, use them for first person experience. Everything I gave you in terms of information was based directly from face to face customer reviews as well as from independent reps. EVEN THE iPHONE REP. I pointed out it's benefits and it flaws in an honest manor.

I even pointed out that it makes sense for people to like it... but that it's still just not any better than other phones. Which it's not. Blackberry's phones, other than touch screen can do everything that the iPhone first gen could. In fact, it could do more, because it could send photo text messages and the iPhone (first gen) couldn't. The new one fixed a lot of problems, and at least doesn't suck anymore. But it's still not much better than a palm, blackberry blackjack, even the freaking pantec duo is on par with the iPhone and you know what? Most of them are cheaper. Especially when you sign contracts.

Why pay more for the same damn thing? Because it's shiny and has good advertising. I didn't call you a retard, nor did I insult your knowledge... but considering that's the first thing you did I feel the need to point out that you don't really have much of an argument. I still wont retaliate, by the way, with petty baseless insults. Just pointing out why I know what I do, and why I trust it more than I just some person on the interweb calling me a retard without even reading my whole post.

Quote:
If all you heard are complaints about the iPhone from customers while working at Circuit City, maybe that was THEIR (Circuit City's) problem for recommending the phone to the customer in the first place, especially if they're too dumb to figure out 'ok, swipe my finger across the screen to unlock it, then press the green phone button'... and maybe that's why your shitty company went under - because they have retards working for them who can't figure out "ok, my customer is a dumbass - I probably shouldn't sell them an advanced phone... they may be better off with the plastic flip phone with giant buttons."
Circuit City doesn't sell at&t phones, only Verizon. I pointed out that I worked for at&t... I actually said that I "went back" which implied I worked with them before... See, you really don't read posts... also, you clearly don't read as many product reviews or you'd know that CCity didn't sell at&t phones. You fail at attention to detail.


*Oh, and since you pulled it into the argument, 35,000 people lost their jobs when that company went out of business. Those people had children, wives, brothers, mortgages and the dire need to eat food. Carelessly and witlessly throwing their misery into an internet argument about why you like the iPhone is disgusting. Now, I'm just fine, I've got two jobs paying more than what I made, so I'm not looking for personal pitty here.. but my boss as 3 kids and no job now. You think he gives a shit about your lack of reading skills? Next time you want to make a point, leave my co workers out of it. You've lost all credibility. I'm putting you on ignore too. I'm telling you this simply so that you know. I don't imagine you'll care.

Last edited by BinaryLife; 03-10-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: *adding a little note
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #47
illogicality-
pwning CTF since 1999
 
illogicality-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Class/Position: Yes
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [ gr. ], UGC-FF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
You should have read more closely. I've used all of those phones as a profession. I sell them. I talk to their reps, read reviews, use them for first person experience. Everything I gave you in terms of information was based directly from face to face customer reviews as well as from independent reps. EVEN THE iPHONE REP. I pointed out it's benefits and it flaws in an honest manor.
That's all fine and dandy. If you read my prior posts you will see that I think the iphone is not perfect, but it has a LOT of good. I can also sit here and tell you people who have hated blackberry - but does that make it a bad phone or device, no - it doesn't. It simply means one person didn't like it - that's all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
I even pointed out that it makes sense for people to like it... but that it's still just not any better than other phones. Which it's not. Blackberry's phones, other than touch screen can do everything that the iPhone first gen could. In fact, it could do more, because it could send photo text messages and the iPhone (first gen) couldn't. The new one fixed a lot of problems, and at least doesn't suck anymore. But it's still not much better than a palm, blackberry blackjack, even the freaking pantec duo is on par with the iPhone and you know what? Most of them are cheaper. Especially when you sign contracts.
Show me a Blackberry, Palm or Windows Mobile phone that is as quick, snappy and responsive as an iPhone.. you can't. Apple did it right the first time. Your argument to the iPhone not being able to send mms - jailbreak it and it's fixed. And of course those phones are cheaper - they're GARBAGE (with exception to some HTC stuff @ shad and geo)! I changed phones about once a month for three years - I've had them all; blackberry, WM, Palm - you name it, I've at least owned it for a month or two (at least all that Sprint has to offer in their 'massive selection'.. *sarcasm*) but how can you honestly sit here and tell me that those phones are cheaper? You can get a refurbished 8gb iPhone 3g for $99 when you sign a 2 year contract...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
Why pay more for the same damn thing? Because it's shiny and has good advertising. I didn't call you a retard, nor did I insult your knowledge... but considering that's the first thing you did I feel the need to point out that you don't really have much of an argument. I still wont retaliate, by the way, with petty baseless insults. Just pointing out why I know what I do, and why I trust it more than I just some person on the interweb calling me a retard without even reading my whole post.
and I quote:
- "that appeals to the mass idiots that buy things compulsively and defend their decisions with twisted logic. "
- "and if they advertise to technosexual morons, then it'll beat the iPhone."

There are two examples of your attempt at insulting the 'mass idiot, technosexual moron'.

And no, not because it's shiny and has good advertising - it is the quickest, most stable (with execption to blackberry, maybe), SMALLEST phone capable of doing what it does with as many features. Plain and simple, the iPhone is capable of the most out of any mobile phone out on the market right now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife View Post
*Oh, and since you pulled it into the argument, 35,000 people lost their jobs when that company went out of business. Those people had children, wives, brothers, mortgages and the dire need to eat food. Carelessly and witlessly throwing their misery into an internet argument about why you like the iPhone is disgusting. Now, I'm just fine, I've got two jobs paying more than what I made, so I'm not looking for personal pitty here.. but my boss as 3 kids and no job now. You think he gives a shit about your lack of reading skills? Next time you want to make a point, leave my co workers out of it. You've lost all credibility. I'm putting you on ignore too. I'm telling you this simply so that you know. I don't imagine you'll care.
My heart goes out to them, it really does. I worked for Best Buy for 3 years... I worked in the retail world.. and guess what? I decided to better myself, go back to school, get my degree.. and guess what now.. I'm 25 and am one of three Systems Engineers for an international company that continues to grow even during this poor economic time. My argument wasn't about their misery.. I really do feel sorry for them - it really sucks.. but guess what - it happened, it's done with.

Ignore is probably the best place for me.. you can't keep up.
__________________
[ gr. illogicality- ] #ff.gr #ugc-ff

Last edited by illogicality-; 03-10-2009 at 10:08 PM.
illogicality- is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #48
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
GeoKill----->'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hawthorne, California
Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Damn Illo gets butt hurt is you bad mouth the Iphone lol
__________________

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #49
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual
 
Innoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "Oscar Mike"
Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill-----> View Post
Damn Illo gets butt hurt is you bad mouth the Iphone lol

(nodding)
It's one thing to have a preference...to jump someone and insult them when you disagree...sounds like someone needs to spend a little less time in their parents basement...push away from the keyboard and go outside and play with others...
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-11-2009, 02:48 AM   #50
illogicality-
pwning CTF since 1999
 
illogicality-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Class/Position: Yes
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [ gr. ], UGC-FF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Sure - but this someone lives 840 miles from his parent's basement and lives with two roommates... and also spends less and less time on the computer (away from work)...

I don't like it when people make rash generalizations like the ones binary made about 'mass idiots' or 'technosexual morons'.. those comments are completely ignorant and I honestly took that as he was aiming that toward me when he knows nothing of me or where I come from.. only my stance on a phone.. That's why I reacted the way I did.
__________________
[ gr. illogicality- ] #ff.gr #ugc-ff
illogicality- is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 03-11-2009, 02:51 AM   #51
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual
 
Innoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: "Oscar Mike"
Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by illogicality- View Post
Sure - but this someone lives 840 miles from his parent's basement and lives with two roommates... and also spends less and less time on the computer (away from work)...

I don't like it when people make rash generalizations like the ones binary made about 'mass idiots' or 'technosexual morons'.. those comments are completely ignorant and I honestly took that as he was aiming that toward me when he knows nothing of me or where I come from.. only my stance on a phone.. That's why I reacted the way I did.
Frankly I laughed when I read "technosexual". It was funny. I like Binarylife. He's a good guy. Sure his spelling and grammar sucks at times but that's part of the charm. You on the other hand have come off as a high-handed Apple Nutswinger. Since you seem to have trouble relating to other humans let me throw you a bone here.

What you should have said is, "Yeah, I over-reacted BinaryLife...sorry about that."
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.