Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Tips and Tutorials

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
iMpi
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Tranq tips.

If you know there are no other enemy coming through, your tranq is your best freind. To get the best results use cl_interp 0.01 With the default cl_interp 0.1 there is a slight delay from when you fire.
iMpi is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
That delay is purely visual, by the way.
__________________
Look at all those dead links.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-20-2007, 02:18 AM   #3
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member
 
greenday5494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
anything with a cl_ in front of it means client, and that means only shows up on your screen.
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #4
Johnny Mullet
Fear the Mullet!
 
Johnny Mullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ashtabula, Ohio
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Mullet
Tranq + Knife =
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
Digital_Ghost
 
Digital_Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NB,Canada
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quick Tranq to Knife Switcher. Keep your mouse2 held down to keep your tran out. Soom as you let go off mouse 2 you instantly switch to your knife.

Quote:
unbind mouse2
alias +stick "slot2"
alias -stick "slot1"
bind mouse2 +stick
This can also work with a number of other weapon combinations as well.
Digital_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-20-2007, 03:47 PM   #6
v3rtigo
Lock 'n Loll!
 
v3rtigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 2fort
Class/Position: Scout, Spy, Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Can't believe people need a script just to do that... kind of makes me sad, not to mention it's not even practical.

Tranq is mainly used to slow people down, you maybe want to knife them after but that's basically all there is to it. Use it as you see fit.
v3rtigo is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
Hammock
D&A Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
You know to be honest I don't find the tranq that usefull for any offensive gain.

Where I have found it to come in handy is for vanishing when an enemy is nearby.

I haven't had time to make one yet, but I think a good idea for a script would involve:

-Switch to Tranq
-Shoot
-Cloak

That way when an enemy is in your face you tranq him, then cloak immediately. With his field of vision completely messed up, there's no way he'll be able to track your cloak.

You probably don't need a script for this, if you're fast enough with your buttons. But hey we all seek to automate as much as we can

Cheers,
Hammock
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-20-2007, 05:35 PM   #8
jimboevolved
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpi
If you know there are no other enemy coming through, your tranq is your best freind. To get the best results use cl_interp 0.01 With the default cl_interp 0.1 there is a slight delay from when you fire.
wudnt that make more time to fire?
jimboevolved is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-21-2007, 02:26 AM   #9
DarK_TaO
Mapper ^^
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: yes (:
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to DarK_TaO Send a message via MSN to DarK_TaO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
You know to be honest I don't find the tranq that usefull for any offensive gain.

Where I have found it to come in handy is for vanishing when an enemy is nearby.

I haven't had time to make one yet, but I think a good idea for a script would involve:

-Switch to Tranq
-Shoot
-Cloak

That way when an enemy is in your face you tranq him, then cloak immediately. With his field of vision completely messed up, there's no way he'll be able to track your cloak.

You probably don't need a script for this, if you're fast enough with your buttons. But hey we all seek to automate as much as we can

Cheers,
Hammock
http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...365#post274365
DarK_TaO is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 AM   #10
iMpi
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
It isn't purely visual circ. When I can find the video of what cl_interp 0.01 I'll IM you or pm.
iMpi is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-27-2007, 07:24 PM   #11
jdubbya
 
jdubbya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Can we get some confirmation that you have hit your target with a tranq? Like the green hiv cloud of dots that the med gets when he poisons someone.

I have a hard time knowing if I have tranqued my target.
jdubbya is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-27-2007, 07:43 PM   #12
barronofhellion
 
barronofhellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
a partical system of ZZzz 's would be cool to see, i was playing last night and thinking something like that too
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
SmellyCat
Darknight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
If they walk like old men, they are tranq'd.

Interp in source have the same effect as hl1/cs? If so, it doesn't help a great deal/at all imo.
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-27-2007, 09:37 PM   #14
Camphlobactor
 
Camphlobactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barronofhellion
a partical system of ZZzz 's would be cool to see, i was playing last night and thinking something like that too
l'd love to see that
Camphlobactor is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-28-2007, 07:20 PM   #15
Riff Zifnab
-TPF-
 
Riff Zifnab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyCat
If they walk like old men, they are tranq'd.

Interp in source have the same effect as hl1/cs? If so, it doesn't help a great deal/at all imo.

They aren't always walking is part of the problem. I third this request, some kind of visual cue for tranqing would be good, at the very least so I can practice my long distance tranq sniping (:
Riff Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.