Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
I never said that Bridget isn't entitled to an opinion, quite the opposite. Also, there is a difference between asking for updates, and outright flaming.

There is a request for coders and mappers on this site(I'll find a link if you need it).... if you know someone who can help, have them apply. Badgering the Devs will accomplish nothing but frustrate you, and annoy everyone else(including the people upon whom you are making demands).
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2011, 02:40 AM   #22
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Nothing has happened in the past month. There's a thread in the dev section where one after another we talk about our work and school schedules and how we won't have much time for FF in the near future. There's a motivation issue as well. Modding is a labor of love and if you aren't excited about what you are doing, you'll want to invest your leisure time elsewhere. Even coming here and banning Bridget gets pretty old after a while.

As for why we aren't testing 2.42 builds--I'm not on the coding team so I don't know what outstanding issues there are to be fixed. Squeek would know, but he's one of those in the "No more time for now" club.

As for recruitment, anyone who comes to us with a relevant skill and the will to work on the mod will have a very good chance of getting in. Recruitment is something you, the community, can help with. I would be wary, though, of recruiting people who don't know or care about FF. They often get discouraged and leave without contributing anything and waste everyone's time. A lot of people want to join a mod because they think it will help them get a job; they don't actually care about the project. I'd prefer quality over quantity.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 AM   #23
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
What Carl said is accurate.

As for what remains to be done before 2.42 is ready for release, there are a few small bugfixes that need to happen and I am in the middle of making trigger_ff_clip fully functional and as useful as possible (since hlstriker fixed the hitscan/player clip inconsistency a while back ).

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #24
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
bridget, i don't keep track with what goes on in this place so forgive my ignorance, but what have you personally contributed to the development of FF so far and what do you think you're able enough to contribute going forwards?

anyone can apply to join the dev team or dl the sdk to have a go at working on maps independently. if you're as intelligent as you appear to imply you are then there are many ways in which you could contribute to the development of FF if you want to help, and you could easily learn specific skills if you don't already have applicable experience. as always i'd really encourage you, and anyone else, to give it a go if you think you're able to help.

however, if you don't think that you're capable of helping out in any way then ok, but slagging off those who are capable might demotivate them and anyone else thinking of helping, so if your goal is to encourage FF development then that's going to achieve the opposite.
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #25
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Just because I don't religiously worship the developer team like you do doesn't mean I am a troll. It's past the point where getting angry at the development team's slow pace is impatience on the part of those angry; It's at the point where the development is doing nothing, and people are getting pissed. Just because you're a pussy and don't want to voice your opinion doesn't mean other people are therefore trolls for wielding a pair that makes you envious. So, deal with it, nerd.
When will you understand this game is free, and bitching at the devs to fix stuff is really counter-productive? You miss the point yet AGAIN. I don't worship the dev team, nor does anyone. Making generalizations really doesn't help your 'opinion.' I have voiced my opinion on things and what's that? Oh snap, some changes I have asked for are actually getting done, like the soft clipping. I've been askin for that feature since TFC lol. The devs are fully grown adults. I'm sure they have enough problems in their lives without you bitching at them every single day.

Obviously I'm not the only one asking for new features and bug fixes, but there's a line drawn pretty clearly where if all you do is bitch about the same shit over and over, your opinion suddenly becomes NULL and nobody listens to what you have to say or even take you seriously.

Quote:
And, I like Fortress Forever the game. I just hate how it's managed by a bunch of fucking morons and supported by a community full of neckbeards who inhale mold on a daily basis in their parent's basement. If I didn't give a shit about the game, I wouldn't be here protesting those who constantly run it into the ground. So, again, deal with it. It's any minute now that the developers will lock this thread, because they are afraid of opposing opinions, so you best deal with it fast.
hahaha @ you calling them a bunch of morons. If you have no faith in the dev team and can't help develop the game better than they can, then you need to be elsewhere.

Btw, I can't grow a neckbeard cause it looks like a buncha pubes on my face. People would start callin me pubedawg and I can't let that happen. I'll keep my goatee thank you very much. Actually in march, I'm shaving everything but my stache for Moustache March. So NYAH!

Oh yeah, one more thing. Karma's a bitch isn't it?
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #26
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Bridget's contributed a lot to the game, which is part of his frustration about the direction of the game. We've been over this a thousand times in the past, and it's pretty shocking that people don't realize how much he's done. What have you done for the game, kube, besides endlessly brown-nose?

Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #27
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Seriously enough with this. You can spout your bullshit all you want but it's not gonna change a thing. The fact of the matter is, this thread was derailed by Bridget. This happens with literally every thread about FF. Oh shit, an important topic about updates for FF, 3rd post down GUARANTEED will be Bridget telling everyone about how shitty the mods are at this. Give them a fucking break. Shit if I were in the same position as them, I would be getting pretty pissed off at people talking shit, yet providing 0 constructive criticism. It's all just been a bunch of bashing. And if you cannot see that Genghis, then you are no smarter than Bridget.

This thread should be locked. Reason: Bridget
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #28
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
SHUT YA MOUTH KUBE!
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2011, 12:13 AM   #29
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
Seriously enough with this. You can spout your bullshit all you want but it's not gonna change a thing. The fact of the matter is, this thread was derailed by Bridget. This happens with literally every thread about FF. Oh shit, an important topic about updates for FF, 3rd post down GUARANTEED will be Bridget telling everyone about how shitty the mods are at this. Give them a fucking break. Shit if I were in the same position as them, I would be getting pretty pissed off at people talking shit, yet providing 0 constructive criticism. It's all just been a bunch of bashing. And if you cannot see that Genghis, then you are no smarter than Bridget.

Bridget won't be involved in this thread(or any other on this forum) for another 6 days.

I'm going to ask that we get back on topic, of discussing 2.42, and stop the flaming/arguing.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 02-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #30
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post

That's right, when you have no argument, QUICK CHANGE THE SUBJECT AND SHUFFLE PAPERS. WAIT, YOU MEAN BRIDGET *HAS* DONE THINGS FOR THE MOD.... UMMMMMMMM WELL BRIDGET STARTED IT, I SWEAR. OH, AND U DUMB.

Well played, kube, well played. Get out your coloring book and open to page 3, we're going to learn how to color in the lines today.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:23 AM   #31
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Genghis... did you miss this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I'm going to ask that we get back on topic, of discussing 2.42, and stop the flaming/arguing.
Or is your reading comprehension on vacation today?

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 02-26-2011, 12:27 AM   #32
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Yea, we should probably let this thread just have no activity at all (like how it was prior to Bridget posting), don't want to draw attention to the obvious, nor do we want to make brown-nosers like kubedawg look like the retards they are.

Ok guys, intense debate on 2.42.... starting.... now.........
User received an infraction for this post

Old 02-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #33
KoRniLLiAn.LG
D&A Member

Class/Position: soldier O or D..doesn't matter
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: none..but hope to join one someday
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
wowzers
KoRniLLiAn.LG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2011, 01:59 AM   #34
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

To bring this back around to being on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
What Carl said is accurate.

As for what remains to be done before 2.42 is ready for release, there are a few small bugfixes that need to happen and I am in the middle of making trigger_ff_clip fully functional and as useful as possible (since hlstriker fixed the hitscan/player clip inconsistency a while back ).
Squeek, I think we all (now) realize that time constraints mean this won't happen this weekend, but do you have an approximate time frame this might happen? I know you guys don't like to set a date that probably isn't concrete, so I'm not asking for such. A month? Two?

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 02-26-2011, 03:35 AM   #35
spambot2.1

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
dead forum = not good.

i would pay bridget top dollar to hang out on my forum and write blogs all day. way better shit than bots.
spambot2.1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #36
raum
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
maybe what kinda help are needed for the game can be written on somewhere public and any1 who wants to contribute can choose what he can do over the list for a start.

i can see that help is surely appreciated here, but i doubt it if every one is aware of what certain kind of help that is needed.

for ex. i could try to help with paper sketching models atm (and ill be trying to learn to 3d model in next couple of months)
but idk if its needed or what
tho ive pmed squeek about that lately

theres a topic for `translating ff into ur lang` close to this but its not enough
what i suggest is a topic where lists all kind of appriciated kinds of help for that moment. hope that works
raum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #37
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
LOL FFDRAMA
seriously, these forums have been nothing but a fortress version of Days of our Lives.

Bridget was on topic with his bitching; The topic being 2.42 right? Derp...
Not only that, but he also expresses how quite a few of us feel without us having to type the wall o text that he does.
Regardless of the "personal attacks", hes right, and if anyone would prove him wrong, well, then youll have my support as well.

2.42 is a highly NEEDED patch, you know, for that thing that most people call taboo: BALANCE.
HE SAID IT! OH GOD IT BURNS!
This game is still one sided, but its close, so close you can smell the cheap cologne that it has used too much of.
As far as i know, 2.42 is essentially done, so again, there lies the question
'Why arent we testing it?'
The front page has even stated "If you want to help get this next patch out the door, consider joining the beta team!"
But here we sit, waiting for a test date...
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #38
Eon Seig
AaaaaaaTATATATATATATATA!

Class/Position: Pyro Scout Soldier / Offense
Gametype: CTF/AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Why is it that every two or three weeks I come back here to check on progress, I see nothing but this.

"When 2.42 will out?"

"NEVUR CUZ DA DEVS IS FUKIN MORONS!"

"SHUT UP! U SUK!"

"BAN BAN BAN BAN!"

"Hurr durr, rememba wen [OT] was da cancer dats killin FF?"

If everybody spends their free time outside of real life to come here and bitch like this all day long, then I'm not surprised it's taken more than a year to get a stinking patch out. Nobody volunteers for the beta because they're too busy yelling at the devs.

Excuse me while I go back to Xonotic.

Last edited by Eon Seig; 02-26-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Eon Seig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #39
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Being in beta has nothing to do with it.
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #40
JackBauer

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
any chance of releasing what you have already done so far @dev lads?

instead of bringing out 2 patches later, 5 patches, starting with one soon and deliver the remaining 4 ones over the next 2-5 months.

one small patch, even if it only fixes one little thing, could calm down the mob a bit.

Last edited by JackBauer; 02-28-2011 at 07:21 PM.
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miseswasthegodfather, nutswinghardermoosh, otsux, rothbardwasagenius, threadlockbridgetgay, usasucksdick