Fortress Forever Wiki:Style and usage guidelines
|Note: You can use the sandbox to experiment with page editing.|
This page contains the consensus opinion for Fortress Forever Wiki policies as well as the style guidelines for editing the pages contained therein.
- Be Bold
If you see something that needs changing, change it! If you do not get it quite right, someone will probably come fix it.
- Don't be Too Bold
This wiki is not a forum, or a blog, or your own personal webspace. It is a resource for all who come upon it. If something is your personal opinion, but does not reflect the truth, or at least the position of a majority of users, it probably does not belong here.
- The FF Wiki is not a forum
Conversations in the talk page should be directly relevant to the content of the associated page. Please keep off-topic discussion in the forums, or if it is wiki-related material, in a User sub page or talk page.
- Conversations should be nested for clarity
Adding a colon ( : ) at the beginning of a reply to another editors comment will make conversations more clear. For example--
- This is a single colon used, as with a reply.
- And this is two used, for a reply to a reply.
- Always sign your comments
Always sign your comments on a page. If you don't want anyone to find out what you wrote, you probably shouldn't have written it in the first place. You can sign your comments with four tilde's. ( ~~~~ ) For example--> Phisionary 18:53, 28 December 2007 (CST)
- Note: Don't use this notation on regular pages (like I just did), wiki's are not intended for any one user to express or imply ownership over it's content.