Fortress Forever Wiki:Style and usage guidelines
|Note: You can use the sandbox to experiment with page editing.
This page contains the consensus opinion for Fortress Forever Wiki policies as well as the style guidelines for editing the pages contained therein.
- Be Bold
If you see something that needs changing, change it! If you do not get it quite right, someone will probably come fix it.
- Don't be Too Bold
This wiki is not a forum, or a blog, or your own personal webspace. It is a resource for all who come upon it. If something is your personal opinion, but does not reflect the truth, or at least the position of a majority of users, it probably does not belong here.
- The FF Wiki is not a forum
Conversations in the talk page should be directly relevant to the content of the associated page. Please keep off-topic discussion in the forums, or if it is wiki-related material, in a User sub page or talk page.
- Conversations should be nested for clarity
Adding a colon ( : ) at the beginning of a reply to another editors comment will make conversations more clear. For example--
- This is a single colon used, as with a reply.
- And this is two used, for a reply to a reply.
- Always sign your comments
Always sign your comments on a page. If you don't want anyone to find out what you wrote, you probably shouldn't have written it in the first place. You can sign your comments with four tilde's. ( ~~~~ ) For example--> Phisionary 18:53, 28 December 2007 (CST)
- Note: Don't use this notation on regular pages (like I just did), wiki's are not intended for any one user to express or imply ownership over it's content.