Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #61
Ventry(Leo Wainker)
D&A Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
skillet u need to rethink that last post. he does not play the game PERIOD
Amen to that.
I play.
He doesn't.
I also don't always play sniper. In fact I only play sniper on certain maps (sometimes).
In fact I rarely play sniper these days BUT, I still like to play sniper every now and then.

You cannot question my commitment to play this mod. How many of you would be willing to play on a foreign server with a 200-300 ping??
Not many I daresay.
Ventry(Leo Wainker) is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #62
Skillet
 
Skillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
skillet u need to rethink that last post. he does not play the game PERIOD
only because talos's server forces a higher dx level he can play at, I am sure he would contribute greatly if his computer did not freeze. His thoughts are well thought out and would be a contribution to this game and development team I would imagine.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #63
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
I play the game occasionally, and I spread my gameplay out amonst most classes(it helps to be familiar with all classes when you're in the Beta). Even I have said that the Sniper needs some corrections. I have suggest a few, and supported other suggestions. Removing the Sniper(or any other class for that matter) is NOT one of them.

Personally, something that has been altered about the Spy is something I'm not on board with... but at this point, I can't say what(disclosure, you know).

All that notwithstanding, I enjoy the game... and while Bridget can make excuses 'til pigs fly, it still doesn't change the fact that he doesn't play. You can't make an educated evaluation of the game, if you don't play it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #64
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
All that notwithstanding, I enjoy the game... and while Bridget can make excuses 'til pigs fly, it still doesn't change the fact that he doesn't play. You can't make an educated evaluation of the game, if you don't play it.
I have experience playing the game. A year or two of experience. In case you forgot, Fortress Forever doesn't change dramatically from year to year for someone to think not actively playing the game voids one of constructive criticism. I have been playing the same fucking game for a while now. I have dealt with the problems for years now.

Also, what if the reasons I don't play, hardware problems aside, happen to be because of evaluations of the game? Didn't you think of that? No, you didn't, because you're intellectually bankrupt. All of this "You don't play the game." bullshit is nothing but red-herring ad-hominem. Attack my character instead of my points, make any excuses necessary to ignore them or devalue them.

So, until Fortress Forever starts rolling out patches biweekly and changes dramatically over the course of a mere month, don't come at me with that "You can't have an opinion on this game." cop-out. Simple fact is, too, someone can play every minute of every day and still not understand the problems. That's because thinking expertise is contingent upon experience and that experience will always produce expertise is illogical fallacious thinking.

By the way, I have used this example before. If you are so fixed upon this idea that one must experience something before he can voice an opinion on it, then start rethinking your entire life. Think murder is immoral? How could you? Haven't experienced it! Think there's going to be a party in the sky after you die? Nope! You haven't died yet, so how can you dare have an opinion. See how dumb you are? Really dumb.

But, for the record, I played Fortress Forever from the moment I woke up to the moments before I went to bed for a year or two. So, if anything, I'm more qualified than almost every person here, developers included. Yeah, having your own qualifications used against you is a bitch, isn't it? I bet they don't mean shit now, huh?

Last edited by Bridget; 11-15-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 01:08 AM   #65
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
your more experienced than most people here? but u cry about snipers instead of going soldier and rocket nading across the map and killing them !?!?!?
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #66
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
your more experienced than most people here? but u cry about snipers instead of going soldier and rocket nading across the map and killing them !?!?!?
I never said I had any problems with Snipers. I said they were too advantageous and broke the consistency amongst classes when it came to range. If you knew more than how to add to a pickup, you would have already understood this.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #67
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
yah all i can do is add to pickups.. that 1 more thing than u can do
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 02:27 AM   #68
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Prove it.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 03:50 AM   #69
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Herr herr herr hurpa durpa durpa
Did you say something? I must have missed it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 05:10 AM   #70
Skillet
 
Skillet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
I never said I had any problems with Snipers. I said they were too advantageous and broke the consistency amongst classes when it came to range. If you knew more than how to add to a pickup, you would have already understood this.
Bridget comon, exo is cool and has a really cool voice super nice guy.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #71
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, Mass
Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Hey Skillet, ask exo to sing Miley Cyrus, he does an amazing job. I'm really jealous
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #72
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Did you say something? I must have missed it.
Spend more time listening and less time failing.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #73
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Crazycarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Next time someone says "listen to the community", I'm going to think of this thread.
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-16-2010, 11:55 PM   #74
Raynian
D&A Member
 
Raynian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ruining #pickups
Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Prove it.
Burden of proof fallacy.

Like asking exo to prove that Santa exists, you told him to prove that he's a better player than you - except that you don't/can't/whatever play, thus making it impossible. You rely on that impossibility to strengthen your argument.

But it's invalid anyways.
__________________
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #75
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Spend more time listening and less time failing.
Actually, you're the failing one. But we've been over this before. I don't see the point of wasting any more time on you at this point. Maybe after you PLAY the game, I'll give you the benefit of my precious time... until then....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #76
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
Burden of proof fallacy.

Like asking exo to prove that Santa exists, you told him to prove that he's a better player than you - except that you don't/can't/whatever play, thus making it impossible. You rely on that impossibility to strengthen your argument.

But it's invalid anyways.
"Prove it" is simply another version of "tl;dr". But if you want to be serious about this, the argument was not on whether he is a better player than me. He said that even if the only thing he was capable of was adding to pickups, then that would still be one thing he could do over me. If he can only do one thing, and that one thing is more than I can do, then he is essentially claiming that I can do nothing at all. The burden of proof is on him to prove that I can do nothing at all. I could prove him wrong by doing something, but I don't have to, because I didn't make the claim.

@Iggy: Cool story, bro.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-17-2010, 01:49 AM   #77
Raynian
D&A Member
 
Raynian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ruining #pickups
Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Bridget changing the context of previous posts and strawmanning his way out of owning up to a mistake?

HOLY PENIS, WHAT A SCOOP!
__________________
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 AM   #78
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
HANDS UP THEY'RE PLAYIN MY SONG
THE BUTTERFLIES FLY AWAY
NODDIN' MY HEAD LIKE YEAHHHHH
MOVIN' MY HIPS LIKE YEAHHHHH
HANDS UP THEY'RE PLAYIN MY SONG
YOU KNOW IM GUNNA BE OK
YEAHH YEAHH YEAHHHH
THERES A PARTY IN THE USA

Last edited by CHURCHMOUTH; 11-17-2010 at 01:54 AM.
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-17-2010, 02:08 AM   #79
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
Bridget changing the context of previous posts and strawmanning his way out of owning up to a mistake?

HOLY PENIS, WHAT A SCOOP!
Oh, I'm sorry, was my logical argument too rough for you? Sorry, chump.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-17-2010, 02:18 AM   #80
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
P.S. Your entire post was a strawman. I already told you why you were incorrect. The "prove it" remark was about Exo's comment implying that even if he could only do one thing, it would be more than me, meaning I can could be capable of nothing. That had nothing to do with who is better than who in a video game. I don't know where you got that idea. My response clarified the situation (muddled up by your obvious disabilities when it comes to reading comprehension) by telling you the actual context of the remark, and when it didn't match up with your strawman of the remark, you then fallaciously concluded that it was my clarification that was the strawman.

So in short, you dun logically goof'd.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
anotherbridgetsuggestion, bridgetflaminghomosexual, ventrystillafucktard


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.