Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Update to all of this is that I have been offered a new deal:

Either 2yrs Community Corrections (half-way house) if I get accepted. If not then I will get the 18mo prison time. So I will be taking that deal on monday for sure. I should have about another month before I have to go b/c I need to do an evaluation with the ComCor people to see if they will accept me.

So I'll be around for a little longer yet. Should have a date tomorrow for sure though.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #63
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
So a halfway house is basically sleepaway camp, except instead of camp counselors you get real counselors and corrections officers with billy clubs?

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2008, 04:44 AM   #64
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
So a halfway house is basically sleepaway camp, except instead of camp counselors you get real counselors and corrections officers with billy clubs?
kinda yeah...I mean I get to work and shit, but I go "home" to a jail essentially. With UA's and BA's and all that shit all the time and tons of stupid ass rules, but in all MUCH better then prison.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 05-23-2008, 02:17 AM   #65
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Updates? We'll be like missing you and shit man. How's things going with this here shit?

Old 05-23-2008, 06:43 AM   #66
FooL

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
good luck dude make friends and try not to think about the time too much
FooL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2008, 12:42 AM   #67
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Actually..............weed can be mixed with crushed pills and then.........

smoked in a bowl. It is called a Plug since you ball it up in a zig zag and plug your bowl with it. The worst is probally weed soaked in fhemamlydhade (wrong speeling but "emablaming fluid" to the unknown) in which it is then dried out and smoked. It is called "Dank" around here since it will "dank you da f*&^ up". It is hard to find the embalming fluid so start making friends with morticians. On the street a mason jar of it can be sold for around $150.00 - 300.00. Now mix some dank with some PCP as some crack heads do and you will have a serious recipe for possible death. I have heard of meth heads mixing dank in with their meth and smoking it out of a bong which I am guessing will either kill you or melt your brain.

dh

Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #68
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

woot...kinda

I got the halfway so that's good. I don't have to be anyone prison bitch! I find out tomorrow weather or not they are going to take me to jail to wait for a bed or let me stay out until the space opens up.

I'm of course hoping for the later, but who knows. Court is at 2pm MST...
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 05-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #69
Jimyd
[]< ,,\/_ ^_~ _\/,, >[]

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan
[anger]

I fucking hate people that don't / wont vote...pisses me right the fuck off.

I'm a felon and therefor cannot vote, but I still watch and make my judgments. Even though I can't vote. And yet we have people out there that just throw away their vote for no reason. Then you have the same fucking people bitching a year down the road about shit. Either don't vote and shut the fuck up or vote and bitch all you want, but you can't have it both ways!

[/anger]

At the OP...I think you should vote for who you think best represents your ideals, regardless of the predicted / obvious outcome. You have to stick to your guns and vote how you feel...If every person who wanted that person votes FOR them then who knows...they might come out on top. It's that mentality that gets people like Bush elected.
Your gonna hate me for saying this, but your argument is flawed. Maybe some people that choose not to vote or register to vote, like me, do not like any one single canidate that is running. So yes I can bitch and complain if i want to. And don't be smartass by saying, "WHY DON'T YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENT?" because there is not a logical reason for me to.

=) You've just been Jimyd. LOL Z!!!
Jimyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2008, 05:55 PM   #70
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't there more to vote on than just the presidential candidate?

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #71
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
Correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't there more to vote on than just the presidential candidate?
You are absolutely correct. Propositions, advisory question, other offices, Constitutional Amendments (depending on your state of course). I think DrSatan's original point was right on the money.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2008, 07:00 PM   #72
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan
woot...kinda

I got the halfway so that's good. I don't have to be anyone prison bitch! I find out tomorrow weather or not they are going to take me to jail to wait for a bed or let me stay out until the space opens up.

I'm of course hoping for the later, but who knows. Court is at 2pm MST...
First and foremost, congrats Doc! At least things are going right for somebody around here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
You are absolutely correct. Propositions, advisory question, other offices, Constitutional Amendments (depending on your state of course). I think DrSatan's original point was right on the money.
Incorrect sir, I live in New Jersey, state of political corruption and unconstitutional (State) laws.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:51 PM   #73
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimyd
Your gonna hate me for saying this, but your argument is flawed. Maybe some people that choose not to vote or register to vote, like me, do not like any one single canidate that is running. So yes I can bitch and complain if i want to. And don't be smartass by saying, "WHY DON'T YOU RUN FOR PRESIDENT?" because there is not a logical reason for me to.

=) You've just been Jimyd. LOL Z!!!
"Can you dig the idea that perhaps it's possible that you're never ever gonna like a president, he or she, as much as you like your favorite rock star? You're never gonna be able to look at the president on TV and be like 'THE PRESIDENT ROCKS!' it's just not gonna happen, ok? So you're just gonna have to reconcile yourself for voting for the person that you like the most, or hate the least, the person that will be least likely to get you 'blowed up' in the next 4 years. Take a tip from me, I never vote FOR someone, I vote like Joe Strummer taught me how to vote: I vote against someone. I vote in protest. It gets me up. I'm voting because I don't want one guy in the office, I'm voting to get someone out of the way so something else can happen, another possibility."
You've just been Henry Rollins'd. LOLZ.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #74
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Wow, voting out of spite. All of a sudden I have a reason to care...

Old 05-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #75
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Incorrect sir, I live in New Jersey, state of political corruption and unconstitutional (State) laws.
Yeah, that's a bummer...perhaps you guys will earn back the right to vote someday...

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2008, 06:41 AM   #76
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

lol well the others pretty much covered it for me, but:

a) There is plenty of other shit to vote about then JUST president
b) If you don't like anyone then vote for who you hate the least and / or who you feel is less likely to get us all bombed
c) That is the oldest excuse in the book and to be perfectly honest, I think it's usually just a cop out for someone who is to lazy to go out and register / vote.
d) Loose your right to vote and then come back and talk to me about it. It's all fine and good to make up excuses for why you shouldn't / can't / don't want to vote, but I would be willing to bet money that if I took that right, that liberty, that responsibility away from you, you would want it back and you would be angry at people that have that responsibility and choose to ignore it.

On topic (lol kinda) I almost ended up in jail today...it sucked!

I went to court, sat down at the little table and we started shit up. The DA handed my lawyer the probation report that my PO made up (we were supposed to get it at least 72 hours ahead of time) and it said something about ISP (intensive supervised probation) with Community Corrections (halfway) as a stipulation of the probation. That was bullshit as I specifically said I didn't want probation. The judge was angry that I / we hadn't received the paperwork until now and granted us a recess to look it over.

Talked to my lawyer and she said that that was not what I had pled to and if they tried to make it be that that I could resend my plea. That made me very happy.

So we went back in and I waived my right to a continuance (b/c I didn't get the paperwork I had a right to one) and we got to business.

The DA stood up and did her thing "your honor we have an agreement and ask that the court give him 2yrs ComCor as stipulated in the plea." She sat down and my lawyer stood up and did her thing "your honor I just want to point out that probation is not a stipulation of this plea and would ask that you go by the terms of the plea agreement." and she sat down. I (freeking the fuck out now) asked her (my lawyer) if she was going to say anything about me not going to jail (she talked to the DA last night and the DA said she wouldn't object to that). She said "I will in just a min." The judge did his thing "Mr.Laswell is there anything you would like to say, you don't have to, but you can?" Me; "no your honor, I think everything is pretty much laid out for us." Judge; "Given that there is a plea I will order that Mr.:aswell be sentenced to 2 years Community Corrections. 165 days time served (for the time I was in jail when I was originally arrested), Mr.Laswell will be remanded to the custody of the state (WHAT!), bond is released, blah, blah, blah...my heart sunk...the cop sitting in the chair next to the door they take you out off starts up on his walkie talkie, whispering "remand, 5b (the courtroom)," they didn't hear him, louder "remand, 5b," again they didn't hear him, very loudly "REMAND, 5B," (now I'm freeking pissed!). The judge is still going on "All stipulations are to be determined by ComCor...blah blah..." finally my lawyer stands up, but is quiet...nothing, judge still talking, nothing, judge still talking, 2 more cops enter the room (they block the exits in a situation like this to ensure that if I try to run I am not successful), my heart sinks and had I not just pissed, I probably would have pissed myself!

Finally the judge says "Unless either counsel has something else to say," finally my lawyer "Actually your honor, I spoke to the DA about Mr.Laswell not being remanded to custody and being allowed to remain in the community and turn himself in once comcor has an open bed, she said she has no objection." (phew) judge looks at the DA "I do not object your honor." Judge looks at me..."Well your lawyer is requesting it, and the DA doesn't have any objections, and if you don't show up, this will be the shortest Community Corrections sentence ever (courtroom laughs), so that seems fine by me. You will not be remanded into custody but must turn yourself into the custody of Community Corrections on or before June 4th at 8am."

THANK FUCKING GOD!

I fucking hate court!

but it's all good...I'm in, no probation, no bitch PO, no fucking jail, just work and the halfway!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 AM   #77
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
That sounds great man

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2008, 07:30 AM   #78
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
hell yeah man! definitely happy to hear it! wonder if theres internet at a halfway house...
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #79
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

lmao...not sure, but I know definitely not for at least the first few months while I move up in levels. I don't expect that to take long though, I'm shooting for non-residential in 3 mo TOPS! We'll see though.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 05-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #80
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
goodluck, and thank god