Initial Map List
We're excited to announce our initial maplist, which required a lot of thought in order to cover various favorites and familiar gameplay styles. As much as we would like to include all the favorites, it wouldn't be very practical for newcomers to learn dozens of maps! Furthermore, this leaves some hobby work to be done by the various anxious and talented mappers in the community. Once the following maps are complete, we'll work on creating more original maps so that everyone can experience the excitement of learning maps (and not just a game) for the first time.
- The quintessential CTF TF map.
- A popular CTF map dating back to the original QWTF. Fans of Bases_r2 and the original will be pleased.
- The classic redone, with the center choke issue addressed.
- One of The Cheese's TFC hits. Unique flag room design and a large yard.
- Port of the fast-paced ultra-popular TFC essential.
- A classic, but with tweaks for more smooth gameplay.
- An updated version of eat's CTF TFC map.
- Beautiful remake of The Cheese's classic CTF ramp fest in an amazing new setting.
- Port of a great reverse CTF map originally by Drakir. Take your flag and dare to drop it in the flaming well.
- An original CTF map, complete with lasers and beautiful brushwork.
- Another old CTF standby.
- Update of an A/D map featuring, of all things, a cornfield.
- TFC's sandy A/D spamfest, revised.
- Introduced with TFC, this territorial control map is re-introduced in Fortress Forever.
- Our take on TFC's assassination/protection map.
- A remake of a crazy 4-team map by TheDreadedPyro. Help your team hold the ball the longest, and don't get murdered!
- Obligatory DM arena map where your goal is to fight to the death. "Kill, Kill, and Kill more."
- Meet in the center, grab the ball, and bring it to the goal to score a point for your team.
eat has been putting a lot of effort into an original CTF map called uno. Here are some preview screenshots for your viewing pleasure:
Last, but certainly not least, a hearty welcome goes out to dr_nick (the newest member of the Fortress Forever team). He'll be filling the position of concept artist. We're excited to have him on the team, as he's very talented.